Just getting started

MSRTom

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I joined many, many years ago and I've been lurking for a while. My name is Tom, I'm from Summerville, SC. Suffice it to say that the SN95 is my favorite platform. I have 5 of them. Here's a little background on each one. They will likely all get "build" threads so that you can help keep me motivated to get some ish done this year.

#1: 1994 Cobra, Black (516 of 5009)- Recently put back together after getting hit by an 18-wheeler. A few bolt-ons, needs paint BAD.
#2: 1994 V6 Vert, Rio Red- Bought to replace the Cobra as a DD after the accident in 05. Mostly stock, let my mother drive it for a while, and now it's back in my lap again.
#3: 1996 V6 Coupe, Moonlight Blue- Bought as a roller for $500. What a headache this car has been (and continues to be).
#4: 1995 V6 Coupe, Black- "Dad's car" bought as a complete car with a dead motor for $200 + the labor on an 8.8 swap. Got a great story about trailering it home, but I'll save it for the build thread. Dad's busy working on his '66 Coupe, so I'm in charge of getting this one squared away to be his DD.
#5: 1994 V6 Coupe, Rio Red- This car has been through a lot. I bought it from a friend for more than it was worth, and the rust has taken hold. I planned on parting it out, but I've recently decided to practice welding on it and see how crazy it can get.

Here's a pic of the Cobra as of last summer. It hasn't changed very much since then. Needs paint BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. It's driving me crazy.

IMG_20110617_065558%20%28Copy%29.jpg

Can't wait to be a part of the community. Hopefully I'll see some of you at MustangWeek this summer.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! That cobra is in pretty decent shape for being hit by an 18-wheeler.

OP
OP
MSRTom

MSRTom

Reaction score
Lulz. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Ferocious, I've checked out your build thread and you're doing some great work. Your car is definitely a motivator to get my projects wrapped up. I think it looks a lot better now than it did right after the crash.

You might hurl at the combined sight of the car after the wreck coupled with the realization that I was too stubborn(stupid?) to send it to the scrap yard. I'll hopefully post damage pics tomorrow along with a long-winded first post in a build thread.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lulz. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Ferocious, I've checked out your build thread and you're doing some great work. Your car is definitely a motivator to get my projects wrapped up. I think it looks a lot better now than it did right after the crash.

You might hurl at the combined sight of the car after the wreck coupled with the realization that I was too stubborn(stupid?) to send it to the scrap yard. I'll hopefully post damage pics tomorrow along with a long-winded first post in a build thread.

Thanks. Its still and will probably always be a work in progress.
Looking forward to seeing your build thread. Stick around man
thumbsup.gif

boston2k4

Reaction score
Hey man im over in wescott when im not in the desert will be back in a month 'ish if you need help with stuff hit me up got lots of good tools as well

OP
OP
MSRTom

MSRTom

Reaction score
Welcome!! I'm in Mt. Pleasant.

Sent while drinking.

Nice. I work downtown and my folks live on James Island, so I'm back and forth quite a bit. I teach at Trident as well (Main Campus), but they might have me teach a class over at the new Mt. P campus this summer.

Hey man im over in wescott when im not in the desert will be back in a month 'ish if you need help with stuff hit me up got lots of good tools as well

Awesome, I'm right off of Dorchester Rd., up toward Bacon's Bridge Rd. Keep your head down and hope to see you when you get back. I've finally brought most of my tools up to my house (just bought it last May). I need to get rid of some of my spare parts to finance my garage upfit. Previous two owners (I'm third owner) took great care of the house, but the garage is bare. Just two cheap flourescents, not enough outlets, and no wall cabinets.

My neighbor helped the old guy (previous owner) build a long,wide workbench that I've been using to its fullest, but it's really too big, so a complete overhaul is coming sooner than later, I hope. New drywall, more 120V receptacles, and wiring up some 220V for a decent compressor, welder, and my PC oven.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Welcome man. Just like me some cars I can't let go even tho some times I should have, instead I just fix em. Nice looking Corbra can't wait to see it finished up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online