K-member Rattle

96cobra_12

Reaction score
Any one have this problem with their aftermarket k-members? mine rattles like it is loose but I've checked it over and over and every time its tight. :dunno:

bany95

Reaction score
Are you running coil-overs? Are the springs pre-loaded at full droop? If not, it might just be that when you're hitting bumps the spring(s) are rattling on the perches.

I'm in the process of installing my K-member and Coil-overs and was warned about this noise by the shop who sold me the gear.

OP
OP
96cobra_12

96cobra_12

Reaction score
yup. Upr coil over kit. ill check tonight and see if thats the problem. thanks for the help

bany95

Reaction score
Yea, just jack up the car until the front wheels are off the ground, reach around the wheels and see if the springs are loose.

Let me know if this was the problem.

NYC94GT

Reaction score
bany95 said:
Are you running coil-overs? Are the springs pre-loaded at full droop? If not, it might just be that when you're hitting bumps the spring(s) are rattling on the perches.

I'm in the process of installing my K-member and Coil-overs and was warned about this noise by the shop who sold me the gear.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Marc@UPR

Reaction score
Let me know if the problem persists. If our product is defective in ANY WAY please let me know so I can take care of it for you.

Coil over kits are noisy. Also, aftermarket Caster camber plates make your ride noisier as well. You are going to a solid bushing in your strut tower so the noise will increase for road noise and bumps. It is like putting solid bushings in your rear control arms. Great performance, but the "luxury" is lost.

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
I have changed out all my bushings and I couldnt agree more....but....I didnt buy luxury I bought everything else!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online