Kenne bell???

dGstang

Reaction score
I was curious about the kenne bell blowers, does the blower assembly completely replace the stock intake manifold and bolt directly to the intake ports of the heads? Kenne bell boasts about how thier intake "outflows any intake that will be produced" so Im assuming it does replace the entire intake. This may be better for an application on the sn95 4.6's seeing as how their intakes (non PI) flow poorly. you hit two birds with one stone, getting rid of the crappy intake and adding the blower. All that would be left to replace is heads and perhaps the cams, but that could be done later for more gains. Is this correct? If so, it would be a good option compared to a centrifugal that feeds the restrictive stock manifold. Thanks for any info guys, im trying to think ahead a bit, this might prevent having to shell out for a new intake if I were to go turbo or centrifugal.

Also, how much boost can safely be run on a stock 4.6, how about a 5.0 (Im talking from a sn here)

Ive got another random question too, does any sn95 engine require premium fuel or are they all built for 87?

Thanks again 8)

rgs

Reaction score
dGstang said:
I was curious about the kenne bell blowers, does the blower assembly completely replace the stock intake manifold and bolt directly to the intake ports of the heads? Kenne bell boasts about how thier intake "outflows any intake that will be produced" so Im assuming it does replace the entire intake. This may be better for an application on the sn95 4.6's seeing as how their intakes (non PI) flow poorly. you hit two birds with one stone, getting rid of the crappy intake and adding the blower. All that would be left to replace is heads and perhaps the cams, but that could be done later for more gains. Is this correct? If so, it would be a good option compared to a centrifugal that feeds the restrictive stock manifold. Thanks for any info guys, im trying to think ahead a bit, this might prevent having to shell out for a new intake if I were to go turbo or centrifugal.

Also, how much boost can safely be run on a stock 4.6, how about a 5.0 (Im talking from a sn here)

Ive got another random question too, does any sn95 engine require premium fuel or are they all built for 87?

Thanks again 8)

i dont know too much about the supercharger question but all non cobra sn95s were made to run on 87 octane. and i think the 5.0 cobra can run 87 too, but dont take my word on that one

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It replaces the upper intake. Im almost positive it doesnt replace the lower. Yes you can allways upgade your HCI (heads, cam, intake) and other internals later on.

KB is nice because its easy to install. It has more torque and lots of low end power right at your foot with very little lag vs the centrifugal style.

Personally I want to go KB down the road, if your heavy into drag racing a centrifugal might be better, but I have heard the KB is a blast...1 & 2nd gear are rediclous for traction lol. KB make more torque and less HP then a Centrifugal im pretty sure?

SAFELY I would say 8psi with stock internals.

No SN95 was built for premium. Although with a KB you would prob want to run 91 with increased timing and fuel pressure.

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
SN95 cobras require premium I believe..

I'm going to go KB on my car eventually too - far, far down the road. First things first, me and my dad have to build the 427 up and put it in our ffr cobra kit (nothing started yet ::))..

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dGstang said:
I does the blower assembly completely replace the stock intake manifold and bolt directly to the intake ports of the heads? Kenne bell boasts about how thier intake "outflows any intake that will be produced" so Im assuming it does replace the entire intake.

This may be better for an application on the sn95 4.6's seeing as how their intakes (non PI) flow poorly. you hit two birds with one stone, getting rid of the crappy intake and adding the blower. All that would be left to replace is heads and perhaps the cams, but that could be done later for more gains. Is this correct? If so, it would be a good option compared to a centrifugal that feeds the restrictive stock manifold. Thanks for any info guys, im trying to think ahead a bit, this might prevent having to shell out for a new intake if I were to go turbo or centrifugal.

Thanks again 8)

Matt hit most of your questions.

the premium fuel is to reduce the risk of detonation, and so you don't have to retard the timing too much

Scrap that plastic intake.
You're right about replacing the plastic intake, scrap it!

Yes you can swap your heads out later, you'll get alot more power from the blower, same boost because the NPI heads, and stock valve stroke ect will be a restriction.

I'm not sure what the power levels are running the KB on NPI heads.
Vertstang might know this.

Good choice on the blower, I think the KB is much more fun on the street VS a posative, you have a huge torque band - power whenever you want it. Turbo is a different matter.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MAXX RS4 said:
SN95 cobras require premium I believe..

I'm going to go KB on my car eventually too - far, far down the road. First things first, me and my dad have to build the 427 up and put it in our ffr cobra kit (nothing started yet ::))..

The only cobras that require premium is the 4 valve cars.................im pretty sure on that ::)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online