2.1 kenny bell lets talk.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I debated Vortech vs. KB before I did mine. The KB with gobs of torque right off the stop was really tempting, but I ended up with the V2 Vortech because I found a (very) complete kit for a decent price at the time. As it's tuned, below about 3K RPM, you never know the blower is there except for the whistle. Drivability is like stock if you keep your foot out of it. Sometimes, though, I yearn for the KB.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
The only reason why I wanted a KB
Was everything is still accessible easy to work on
It looks cleaner
Easy to service
There were a few things

With all pipe and bracket and no room to work on the engine
I have seen some crazy hook ups
Don't like that

TrickVert

Reaction score
I was also trying to be somewhat stealthy. The KB whine is a dead giveaway (but oh so sweet-sounding!). I wasn't expecting the whistle from mine, and I believe it's coming from the bypass valve being partially open, because I can fiddle with the adjustment and move the RPM at which it's most prevalent. I decided I kind of like it, though, and never tried any more to get rid of it. A couple people have commented over the years about my "noisy belt" or "failing water pump/alternator/idler bearings." :D

95opal

Reaction score
If your content in the 400hp area and can run meth or fab in an intercooler the KB is an ok choice. If your looking to go north of 500hp throw the KB in the garbage it just wont get you there.
As far as ease of working in the bay there is no advantage to either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online