Key on engine on and off help. Cant figure out these codes.

ctspoolintsi

Reaction score
Well i just bought this car about a week ago its a 95 gt and only mods are k@n drop in, downpipe back exhaust no cats, smog pump removed, and ac short belted, 180 mister gasket thermostat. well to start i bought the car got it home and all was fine. it had a thermostat housing leak so i fixed it and replaced the thermostat while i was in there. then i put new radiator cause current one was cracked. replaced the belt. Took Car for drive and Car felt funny it had a slight misfire all of a sudden then would clear up it seemed when i WOT then would go back to stumbling and misfiring it seemed. so i went home and did couple things. Checked timing was set to 20 so i fixed that back to 10 and car now idles alittle low but that's ok by me. Took car for ride and still misfires, changed plugs to auto lite 25s gaped at 46. wires looked ok none looked broken or old, still misfires, changed coil still misfires. checked ecu and it looks fine. So i cleaned maf and it seemed to go away i think so far its been 10 miles and no misfire. but idk im still worried it will come back. but only time will tell. i noticed the check engine light will pop on sometimes so i went to have it checked and the reader at autozone would not connect. so i went home and looked up the key on engine off and on test and did them along with cyl balance test. and i cant seem to under stand my findings so i made a video with hopes of getting a 100% answer what codes im looking at.

From the key on engine off i think im seeing code 33 then 543 but when i look it up im seeing code 33 cant happen during engine off test .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS33fT4YKIw

This is the engine on test while idk why but i had push clutch in and give it alittle rev for any light to come on but it seemed to come on. this one i have no clue on the readings. but i think i got a 80 on the cyl test. which is something wrong with cyl 8?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fOLttf7YcM

I hope i did these test correct. i just would like to get all this squared away before i throw any mods or anything else into the car. any help would be amazing and i thank you in advance.

p.s lol i dont know why that coolant light it on it only came on after radiator install and its not low on coolant .
Hope i didnt write to much and turn people away from post. Just trying to go threw what i have tried so far.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
KOEO, you not seeing 33, thats 111. which is computer of OK. 543 is correct.
KOER is 137.

read the instructions carefully in the Haynes/chilton manual.
If you got an 8, the computer is just verifying you have a v8.
It's common for the K&N filter to deposit oil on the MAF and IAT (clean that one too)

543 DTC 543
Fuel pump secondary circuit failure. Points to an issue with the CCRM.
137-DTC 137
Lack of heated oxygen sensor switch during KOER self-test, indicates rich (Bank #2). either change both o2's (prefered since you have 100k miles) or swap the O2 to see if the code changes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online