kill switch install

smokedya2

Reaction score
has any done a push/pull kill switch in your stang?

i did a wire tuck and the battery relocation on mine. my question is since i ran the new battery cable up to the orignal terminal and then into the fuse box under the hood and then one from the + battery to one of the posts on the kill switch, do i have to run another cable from the other post back up to the fuse box for it to kill eveything? everything as in the Alternator, fuel pump and all power. Can i just leave the second post with no wire.

if anyone have any drawings or help will be apperciated!!!:confused:

Suspect

Reaction score
did this real quick, pretty sure this is how mines setup. its been years..

RichV

Reaction score
Not sure on NHRA rules, but it would seem to me if the car was running, the above circuit would not shut down the motor. The Fusebox powers the ECU/fuel/ignition. Or is that setup just to 'turn off' the battery?

I have not been able to make a 2 post work. A 4 post definitely works with factory wiring.

Large posts are from battery to fusebox, small posts disrupt the charging cable.

Suspect

Reaction score
guys at my shop told me how it needed to be done, so im going to have to say its legal. and yes it shuts down everything. i could go look if needed. also i think there's one more wire that runs from the alt to the starter. other than that i dont think i missed anything, like i said its been a long time since doing it.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
As stated earlier, you need to use a 4 post, larger posts for battery and smaller for alternator charger. I believe nasa, scca, or one of the other sanctioning bodies has a diagram on their website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online