Latemodelresto

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=17552]Jarrod@latemodel[/MENTION]

Just received the stuff I ordered. Bullitt pedals for my 95, GT500 style pedals for my sister boyfriend, and SVE rear upper and lower tubular control arms in black. Everything looks good, pretty quick shipping too. Thanks for the great service!

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
++ For LMR. I have bought a few things from them with no issues and good pricing. I was actually just checking out their site the other day, carrying a couple new items.. like On3 Turbo kits (but not gen 2 ... yet?)

samc

Reaction score
I'm a newcomer here from, of all things, the Miata world. I'd like to like latemodelrestoration, but their shipping policy sucks; specifically, they will only ship 2nd day air UPS to Hawai'i, claiming that USPS priority mail, which is dirt cheap, 3-day, tracked and insured, has tracking problems, which is nonsense. The live chat guy pretty much blew me off. I'd really like to do business with these guys, but the shipping cost on even small stuff means it's a no-go.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm a newcomer here from, of all things, the Miata world. I'd like to like latemodelrestoration, but their shipping policy sucks; specifically, they will only ship 2nd day air UPS to Hawai'i, claiming that USPS priority mail, which is dirt cheap, 3-day, tracked and insured, has tracking problems, which is nonsense. The live chat guy pretty much blew me off. I'd really like to do business with these guys, but the shipping cost on even small stuff means it's a no-go.

I had no problems with their shipping other than it being slow since they're in Texas and I'm in New York.. Anything regular mail (USPS) is usually slow. You can't talk to the live chat people, those aren't Latemodel rep's.. Those are just customers who try to help other people.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Late model restoration is the way to go. I get my parts next day since I live 200 miles away. Woot woot.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Anything regular mail (USPS) is usually slow.

Negative.

The USPS is very reliable and, in most cases, can be significantly faster than ground service from UPS or FedEx. Priority mail from here to most places in the US takes 2 days. It's also very affordable to use the Regional and Flat Rate priority services from the USPS. As a somewhat mid-scale shipper, I don't quite understand why larger companies refuse to make use of the US Postal Service. Doing so would ultimately increase their profit margin on smaller items, especially sending things to places across the country, or to remote locations like Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico. And in all honesty, most of the shit I've received that's been broken or damaged has been sent through UPS, not the Postal Service.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Placed kind of a big order, well for me anyways, today from latemodel. Great pricing and I love the fact that you guys carry a lot of OEM style parts, thanks! [MENTION=17552]Jarrod@latemodel[/MENTION]

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
+1 To LRS.
Bought my new fan from you guys, fixed everything right up!
Have used you guys for numerous Mustangs, and you even got me things when I was stationed in Germany.

I do miss being away from Texas however, the shipping times were super fast compared to here.
But it is winter and I do not fault you guys at all!

Looking forward to future purchases.

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score

We have had problems with USPS. I hate to hear that a live chat guy blew you off, but there as so many rules when it comes to weight and box sizes with USPS. I know that is not your fault at all, but we changed our shipping policy a long time ago to where we only use UPS when it comes to Hawaii.

Placed kind of a big order, well for me anyways, today from latemodel. Great pricing and I love the fact that you guys carry a lot of OEM style parts, thanks! Jarrod@latemodel

+1 To LRS.
Bought my new fan from you guys, fixed everything right up!
Have used you guys for numerous Mustangs, and you even got me things when I was stationed in Germany.

I do miss being away from Texas however, the shipping times were super fast compared to here.
But it is winter and I do not fault you guys at all!

Looking forward to future purchases.

Thanks for the business guys.

If anyone ever has any questions about an order or a part, shoot me a PM. Ill be more than happy to look into something for you and make sure you are taken care of.

Suspect

Reaction score
+1 you guys keep my pockets empty. just did black carpet in my L. doing black seat covers today. woot

Suspect

Reaction score
btw I did a quick review on the carpet. it posted, but the pic I added did not.

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score
What was the part number on the carpet? Ill look into it and see what happened.

Suspect

Reaction score
it was the black carpet for 99-04. im the only person to write one so thought id add a pic. or maybe cuz I had threw in the mats I got from you guys?! I have another pic without the mats.. might try later to upload.

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score
Its all good. If you have time post them up.

There is no picture pending to be posted. I'm looking at it through our admin site.

CWO

Reaction score
I'll give them a solid C+

I have ordered a few things without issue but I did purchase a SVE radiator fan for my 96 and it didn't fit for shit and my car ran hot and overheated. I contacted them and they just kinda shrugged it off. I sent pics of the modifications I had to make to the part to even get it to fit and they didn't seem to care, in fact they blamed my radiator. It was bought as a "scratch and dent" part so I knew it wouldn't be perfect when I got it, but it wasn't even close to the right mounting tabs and bolt holes, not to mention the car overheating and it literally being a complete waste of money. Funny thing is that I typed out a review of the part on their website, needless to say you'll never see it, weird how that works.

Just about any company can run a business when things go like they are supposed to. What makes a good company a great one is when things don't go smooth and they step up and handle it. The proverbial ball was dropped in this instance.

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score
When was this? Shoot me a PM with your billing zip code and name so I can look into your account.

CWO

Reaction score
I'm away from my computer at the moment, but it was during the summer last year. I remember because it was hot as hell.
Pm coming.

Caboose302

Reaction score
I've only had one issue from them and it was when I went to buy a power steering cap for my 96 and they sent me one for a 5.0. Didn't really matter since I just used it on the 95. Oh and it sucks that the only carpet they have in a mass back is black. When I had my foxes I ordered a ton of stuff from there and they were very helpful.

Sent from mah Obamafone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online