Launching advice

amf201091

Reaction score
My 98' GT has a bad syncro on the 1-2 shift causing it to grind, but luckily it will go into gear (most of the time). I'm wondering on how I should go about launching the car effectively this autoX season since I don't have the money to fix it at the moment. Should I start in 2nd? Maybe do a clutch kick to help the acceleration at the beginning? Or... Would double clutching on the 1-2 shift be a better option OR... Am I best to just let it grind and hope it goes into gear? The car is basically stock. Any advice helps. Thanks

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you can’t fix it then you should skip the season. Otherwise your gonna find yourself spending even more money when you do more damage. It’s not “if you do more”, this is a guarantee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, if you’re hell bent on attending this autocross season you should consider a rental for the day. Sure you’ll be a totally different class but seat time is seat time.

joe65

Reaction score
look for a used t45. maybe you'll find a decent one? most people have written off the t45 so you can find them cheap now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online