Leak: A four-door Ford Mustang could happen

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dodge Charger, Chevy SS, Pontiac G8, all powerful and fun to drive. Dodge is last man standing unless you look at the luxury lines.

Hell, I test drove a 5.0 Genesis before settling on my v6. It was absolutely scary and awesome!!! I’d never expect a 4dr luxury car to flat out scream the way that car did.

Regardless, Ford is missing out. They need to bring back the Galaxy name plate and make a larger v8 sporty sedan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**Galaxie

I'm interested to see what they come up with. But if they're shooting for Audi/Panamera fighter like what I've read, then it seems weird to be giving it a Mustang nameplate. Maybe stretched Mustang chassis, but not the name. I dunno..

PinkieT

Reaction score
Just sold my 157k mile 2013 Hyundai Sonata. Other than regular wear parts (brakes, tires) and routine PM (oil and filters, tire rotations, alignments, etc.) it had a pair of tie rod ends and a starter. I would feel confident driving it anywhere. Cleveland, Ohio car, but paint was still good and no rust. Only sold it because my wife and I are both retired and we each had a DD and a Mustang ragtop plus I have a Ram 4x4 quad cab, decided to downsize.

stingracer

Reaction score
The pic originally posted looks like a beemer. Looks good and would be fun to drive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Silver95bird

Reaction score
A four door car with a coyote - I'm all for it. But it's not a Mustang, nor would it ever be. Just like what later became the Ford probe would never be a Mustang. Rear wheel drive, V8, 2+2 seating. Period.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They could bring back the thunderbird name. It was at one point in time a 4dr.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
That or a Taurus. Keep the Fusion as the smaller, fuel efficient sedan and the Taurus the more of an extension of the crown vic.

Its sad that Ford no longer has a sedan with a v8 but I can see why.

Exactly! Why create a 4 door stang when you already have the Taurus... The 4 door stang looks horrible btw.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Exactly! Why create a 4 door stang when you already have the Taurus... The 4 door stang looks horrible btw.
The driveline would have to be tweaked but its easier and cheaper for Ford to add another engine to a vehicle its already producing. Or perhaps it wont have the mustang name like others have suggested but still Ford wants to cut all sedans in the upcoming years...

I didnt know you were an admin over here. I see you mostly only s197 forum, I have the same username over there btw.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didnt know you were an admin over here. I see you mostly only s197 forum, I have the same username over there btw.

......pppsssssstttt......he’s the owner of the site........ [emoji23]

colecanizales99

Reaction score
That or a Taurus. Keep the Fusion as the smaller, fuel efficient sedan and the Taurus the more of an extension of the crown vic.

Its sad that Ford no longer has a sedan with a v8 but I can see why.

I’ve been saying they need a 5.0 Taurus forever finally someone agrees

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’ve been saying they need a 5.0 Taurus forever finally someone agrees

It makes sense, it is the closest thing to a replacement of the vic. And it would probably match the v6 and eco boost in fuel mileage. Id buy one in a heartbeat.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
It makes sense, it is the closest thing to a replacement of the vic. And it would probably match the v6 and eco boost in fuel mileage. Id buy one in a heartbeat.

To bad it will never happen as Taurus is going bye bye. :(

colecanizales99

Reaction score

I wish they would do that I would buy it in a heartbeat too I feel like it a lot of people would agree and buy it law enforcement too

07GtS197

Reaction score
I doubt anyone has done it since the eco boost makes about the same power. Plus where would anyone source an ecu for such a swap? Even using a stand alone ecu would prove difficult with all wheel drive, auto trans and having all the sensors play nice and have all the gauges work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online