LED Gauges & HVAC: What You May Not Know

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Yea I had it broke down completely before (everything) and the film was blue. I'm looking to get them to shine blue. i'll just install some blue bulbs I found at advance and maybe it'll shine blue. my cd player lights up blue so I think the accent will look sick

I just noticeed the circuit board on the bottom left of the cluster in the pic...mine doesnt have that one...only one on the right...Is this that cluster out of a GT or cobra...cause I know the cobras had 2

I would suggest just running the white LED if you have the blue film. It'll look exactly like mine or Trey's (TXCobra)

As for the circuit board, if you're referring to what I think you are, both the GT and Cobra have those. Should be for the plugs. Check TXCobra's thread (linked at th e top of this thread) for the full write up and it'll show the same. Like I said unless I'm looking at the wrong portion which I very well could be. If I'm wrong, post a picture with the section circled.

Saint

Reaction score
I would suggest just running the white LED if you have the blue film. It'll look exactly like mine or Trey's (TXCobra)

As for the circuit board, if you're referring to what I think you are, both the GT and Cobra have those. Should be for the plugs. Check TXCobra's thread (linked at th e top of this thread) for the full write up and it'll show the same. Like I said unless I'm looking at the wrong portion which I very well could be. If I'm wrong, post a picture with the section circled.

I just searched google....The automatic GT only has 1 circuit board in the cluster on the right under the fuel meter which is the voltage regulator...Manual GTs and Cobras has 2...I was getting worried for a second

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I just searched google....The automatic GT only has 1 circuit board in the cluster on the right under the fuel meter which is the voltage regulator...Manual GTs and Cobras has 2...I was getting worried for a second

Can you post a picture? I'm trying to visualize what you're talking about. I've had both a Cobra and a few GTs but I'm still drawing a blank ha.

Saint

Reaction score
Green Circle: A resistor should be here it may only be there on the Automatic GT's or its a possible redesign in the cluster.

Blue Circle: unknown to my knowledge maybe a second voltage regulator only on Manual GT's and Cobras. This is not on the Automatic GT intrument Cluster

Red Circle
: This is the Instrument Cluster Voltage Regulator which when bad can cause a load of problems, dimming light, alternator not charging, frustration lol.

2dgwaj8.jpg

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Very information post! Thank you very much for that. I'm sure a lot of people will come across that and understand things a little easier. I know I understand better now.

Saint

Reaction score
Not a problem. lol I use to be an electronics technician so I'm pretty lethal with a GOOD wiring diagram.

JLG21611

Reaction score
Easy way to reset tach and speedo needles....
1) Place your insturment cluster back in your car with the plastic cover removed and the tach/speedo needles off.
2) Plug the cluster in and then turn the igniton to the "ON" position. ( this feeds power to the cluster and registers the needles)
3) With KOEO ( key on engine off ) the needles are registered to absolute zero so therefore re-install both needles on zero in the car.
4) Crank up ur ride to ensure needles are operating properly and then re-remove cluster in order to put completly back together.
5) Re-Install in car, put it all back together and dont worry bout that extra screw you have left over, its not THAT important ... LOL

silverv6

Reaction score
Did this but mine was just super green turns out 94-00 all had the blue film 01+ have green so i had to get an older gauge cluster and HVAC face.

toughfighter83

Reaction score
im planning on getting a blue film on the back hvac from an 02 mustang, but how do i get it on there with the plastic in the way?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well it would have to be out of something older, annd you would have to change the whole plate there, not just the film

toughfighter83

Reaction score
well it would have to be out of something older, annd you would have to change the whole plate there, not just the film

ok, if i use a blue bulb on the green, will change into the stock blue-green/teal lights? like on the instrument panel with the stock blue film and yellow lights?

OP
OP
Ferocious

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ok, if i use a blue bulb on the green, will change into the stock blue-green/teal lights? like on the instrument panel with the stock blue film and yellow lights?

a blue bulb behind green film will shine mostly green with a hint of blue.
if you really want a specific color, remove the film and run whatever color bulb you want.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you can rip the plastic out that's behind it, like ferocious said.

or you can put the HVAC face from an older mustang in it's place, one that has the blue behind the controls. then a white bulb will shine blue

toughfighter83

Reaction score
you can rip the plastic out that's behind it, like ferocious said.

or you can put the HVAC face from an older mustang in it's place, one that has the blue behind the controls. then a white bulb will shine blue

this sucks because the hvac face i bought is in great condition but i have to get a another face plate with the blue film that's in great conditon, but i cant find one that's in great conditon like this one on ebay, i wish there was a way to take out the hard plastic and green film around it and take the blue film and hard plastic from a crappy one and plug it into the good condition one.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you bought one on ebay shoulda just got a white one, they come with blue film behind them, and are sexy ;p

If I didn't want red lights it is definitely what I would do

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have clear printable vinyl still but not so sure about how to go about scanning the image to get the size corred.

OP
OP
Ferocious

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i went into this website: http://www.blackcatcustom.com/ford_mustang.htm they have part but im not sure about lighting it says aqua, is that same factory stock color as my instrument panel which has the blue-greenish lighting/teal?

i'm sure if you get a black/white faceplate that isn't oem, there wont be any special colored film to it, therefor you can put whatever color bulb you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online