LED instrument cluster question

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ya know I can understand swapping them in the dash since it the color so drastically and also because they tend to last longer for hard to get spots to swap out. But I have never understood the the glove box, hood light, and tag lights. I mean I really want to make sure my plate is as lit up as possible in case someone needs to see it and when people get all excited about them and start listing them in their modification list I just have to say, they are just leds mang.... its not like you have increased the value of the car.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
underhood light is lame, just always on at car shows and stuff. I ended up just pulling my hood bulb, now there isn't a spot for it.

i just wish the 5 way SMD 194 bulbs fit in my license plate lens, they were too long so i had to keep the old style in there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15118286720...iewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:US:3160&vxp=mtr

These fit happily in my license plate bulbs. Only issue, the leads don't go all the way up the sides so you need them in the "just right" sort of way to make them work. I might add some more to them.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
ya know I can understand swapping them in the dash since it the color so drastically and also because they tend to last longer for hard to get spots to swap out. But I have never understood the the glove box, hood light, and tag lights. I mean I really want to make sure my plate is as lit up as possible in case someone needs to see it and when people get all excited about them and start listing them in their modification list I just have to say, they are just leds mang.... its not like you have increased the value of the car.

because of their crisp white they just look so much better on the license plate. it's not THAT much brighter on them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15118286720...iewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:US:3160&vxp=mtr

These fit happily in my license plate bulbs. Only issue, the leads don't go all the way up the sides so you need them in the "just right" sort of way to make them work. I might add some more to them.

nice, I think those would be too long to fit in mine though.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
because of their crisp white they just look so much better on the license plate. it's not THAT much brighter on them.

nice, I think those would be too long to fit in mine though.

We're the same I thought, 94-04??????

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
We're the same I thought, 94-04??????

I thought they were too, I even have the new edge license plate lenses. I'm tellin ya though the regular old 5 SMD ones don't fit, they bottom out on the lens before you can twist the base into place. and the ones you showed me don't look any smaller.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online