lightening

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
so on the way to lifting about 2 hours ago i spotted a gray 03 lightning, on the way back i stopped and checked it out, its got about 42,000 miles on it, the interrior is immaculate, body is in great shape, but the dealership was closed. Im going to stop by wednesday and talk to a sales associate about it. I wasnt really into them because ive never really been up close too them before, this has like 4" dual tips coming out of the sides. Ill give more details about it wednesday, but oh boy is it sharp

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
either my eyes or my screen is seriously fucked up because those pics make it look like a mystic or something with colorshifting paint. definitely not grey. ???

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Whoa yeah it looks mystic! :eek:

Either way, them liehttennings sure are SEX! :banana:

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i was thinking that i would get alot more usage out of the lighting too, cause i could toss my snowboards in the back and take up up to the mountain, and not be too afraid of taking it out in the rain cause its still a truck, but the thing is i would need at least 6 grand for a trade in to pay off my car

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
im at a standstill now cause ive been searching for other lightnings, and i just dont know what to do, cause i was planning to do the stage II PI swap kit from powerheads with the hot street cams, then theres the scream from the lightning supercharger

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
tough call man!

if you can swing the payment, Lightning is an awsome ride.
I drove one last week and was VERY impressed.

of course you'd have to mod it as well!! :banana:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
getting 6k on trades gonna be tought i think you will have to roll some of your current loan in your new loan... you can switch the tails to the regular red ones so thats a good thing ;D

ryclef331

Reaction score
Take it from a former lightning owner. I had mine as a DD for a lil over a year...Rain is either scary or VERY fun...depending on how you look at it....snow? yeah right. A 285 lo pro street tire that will most likely be bald by the time the next snow season arrives....on a 2WD weighing barely over 4,000lbs that is putting down over 400lb ft of tq.....in the snow. Those tires barely hook on cold pavement when they are NEW let alone rain and snow. The gas mileage is absolute SHIT. The connecting rods are crap and want to split at about 450rwhp when you start modding them.

BUT, they are fun trucks! Nothing like blowing ear drums with the side exhaust as you waste the GT next to you with a (small) load of lumber in the bed. Mine ran 13.55 @ 105.00 consistently, got 10mpg around town, and wasn't even PULLIED! I traded it in on a Lexus IS300. The two best days I had with that truck were the day I bought it and the day i sold it.....

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
its actually nice out today so im just gonna go in late to work and check this out, ill let you guys know about it later on

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i checked it out today, o baby was it sweet, it has that mystic paint that changes from a dark color to a bluish (im colorblind so bear with me), its running 14lbs of boost, magnaflow exhaust, JBL intake, and a SCT safe tune, its got 42,000 miles on it and is just flawless. The guy wants $23,000 for it, but tomorrow i gotta talk to my bank to see what i can get for a loan, then to my insurance to see how much it will go up. The dealer said its putting down 380rwhp, i didnt get to test drive it today cause it was raining and the back tires were pretty much bald (he said he would replace them if i purchased it), so hopefully tomorrow will dry up

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Take it from a former lightning owner. I had mine as a DD for a lil over a year...Rain is either scary or VERY fun...depending on how you look at it....snow? yeah right. A 285 lo pro street tire that will most likely be bald by the time the next snow season arrives....on a 2WD weighing barely over 4,000lbs that is putting down over 400lb ft of tq.....in the snow. Those tires barely hook on cold pavement when they are NEW let alone rain and snow. The gas mileage is absolute SHIT. The connecting rods are crap and want to split at about 450rwhp when you start modding them.

BUT, they are fun trucks! Nothing like blowing ear drums with the side exhaust as you waste the GT next to you with a (small) load of lumber in the bed. Mine ran 13.55 @ 105.00 consistently, got 10mpg around town, and wasn't even PULLIED! I traded it in on a Lexus IS300. The two best days I had with that truck were the day I bought it and the day i sold it.....

was that 13.55 STOCK or with mods at all? Thats the norm for a STOCK 03-04 :boink:

ryclef331

Reaction score
2002 w K&N FIPK Cold Air Intake and a welded in magnaflow muffler...both done by the previous owner. Nothing to brag about at all.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
that is one sweet ride man... yeah its mystic not grey.. my friend is color blind too.. well i guess his pigments or w/e are messed up because his blues and purples and greens are all messed up.. to bad you can only see grey.. it is one beautiful truck though man and that mystic paint looks amazing. try and swing that deal because that is an awesome truck.. good luck and keep us up to date with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online