lightening

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i cant swing that payment, i went to see about a loan and they would only do 3 year loans and it would end up being $660 a month, then insurance, also if i were to sell my car i still owe $5k for it, and i wouldnt get that much for it anyways. I was also thinking that i could make my car so much better, it would still be sweet having a lightning though, o well it was worth a shot

94Vert

Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
i cant swing that payment, i went to see about a loan and they would only do 3 year loans and it would end up being $660 a month, then insurance, also if i were to sell my car i still owe $5k for it, and i wouldnt get that much for it anyways. I was also thinking that i could make my car so much better, it would still be sweet having a lightning though, o well it was worth a shot

what bank only does 3 yrs on a 2003 lightning? either the bank sucks or your credit score must not be the best.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
unfortunately i didnt get to drive it cause it was pouring outside and there was no tread on the rear tires, but i did get to hear a startup

As for the bank she said all they would do is 3 year loans on trucks, my credit is perfect ive paid everything back on time, she also said i could take a personal loan that would be 10k maximum but i would have to come up with the other 12k myself, and they dont finance vehicles that are older than 2002

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94Vert said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:

what bank only does 3 yrs on a 2003 lightning? either the bank sucks or your credit score must not be the best.

Oh I went into that crap when I was looking at the Z06's and the L's........I called BB&T ( My bank ) and the most they could do on a 04 is 30 months :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: its their company policy not to make a loan on a car OVER 5 years old, so if you want a 2001 model car your SOL cuz its not going to happen with them.

Anyway a lot of banks are like that, I asked the dealer where I got my L at about this and he said that a individual getting a loan will not get favorable terms like a HUGE dealer does since the dealer give a LOT of business to the banks compared to just one loan made by the bank to one person looking for financing.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
94Vert said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:

Oh I went into that crap when I was looking at the Z06's and the L's........I called BB&T ( My bank ) and the most they could do on a 04 is 30 months :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: its their company policy not to make a loan on a car OVER 5 years old, so if you want a 2001 model car your SOL cuz its not going to happen with them.

Anyway a lot of banks are like that, I asked the dealer where I got my L at about this and he said that a individual getting a loan will not get favorable terms like a HUGE dealer does since the dealer give a LOT of business to the banks compared to just one loan made by the bank to one person looking for financing.
if you dont mind me asking, did you get a loan for yours and did you go through your bank

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
Snakebit said:
94Vert said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:

if you dont mind me asking, did you get a loan for yours and did you go through your bank

No I dont mind :), yes I got a loan for mine but NOT through my bank. I'm with Country Credit Union, the dealer got it for me. I put 15k down and financing 10k at 8% for 2 years. Payments are 452 a month ;)

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
unless i could get it around $250 a month (which isnt happening) i would be golden, o well though, after college ill save up for one, until then though ill just keep modding away

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
unless i could get it around $250 a month (which isnt happening) i would be golden, o well though, after college ill save up for one, until then though ill just keep modding away
they will still be around when you get out of school ......keep your mind on track and you will do fine :)

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
they will still be around when you get out of school ......keep your mind on track and you will do fine :)
yeah, the only bad part though is the lightning is on a main road that im on everyday, so everyday i get to drive by and wave at it :'(

94Vert

Reaction score
man what banks are you guys using. when i got my stang i got a loan for it and it's a 94. it was an auto loan too. bigjohnson i would check a few other banks. if you have a beacon over 700 there will be a bank that will help you out. maybe a large chain and a small local bank to see what else you can get.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i got an auto loan for my 96, but you cant use my bank unless you are military.... ^-^

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
unfortunately i didnt get to drive it cause it was pouring outside and there was no tread on the rear tires, but i did get to hear a startup

As for the bank she said all they would do is 3 year loans on trucks, my credit is perfect ive paid everything back on time, she also said i could take a personal loan that would be 10k maximum but i would have to come up with the other 12k myself, and they dont finance vehicles that are older than 2002

thats the most retarded thing i have ever heard i would never do business with that bank again what a joke :nonono: i got my 01 finaced for 60 months i believe or something when i got my 93 i worked part time and got the longest loan they offered for it to make the payments affordable to me i think it was a 4 year loan...my insurance was double my car payment haha but i use a credit union screw a bank sounds like a joke to me

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94Vert said:
man what banks are you guys using. when i got my stang i got a loan for it and it's a 94. it was an auto loan too. bigjohnson i would check a few other banks. if you have a beacon over 700 there will be a bank that will help you out. maybe a large chain and a small local bank to see what else you can get.

did you go to a PRIMARY lender or a second hand lender? Most BIG banks wont loan on a older car :dunno: my Beacon is a 715 and BB&T STILL wanted to be dicks :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online