Long tube headers install

Medic123636

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2002 mustang GT and dropped the K member. I am doing the motor mounts and a tubular K member. I have long tube headers to put on drivers side no issues but the passenger side is fighting me every step. I have taken out the starter and motor mount clearance the floor and bell housing of the trans. I have something else causing me issues I can't seem to find what it is. Any insight do I need to pull the A/C compressor or ? I am laying on my back with the car on jackstands and being a big guy can't see or feel any place it is hanging up I even pulled all the studs but the three that stayed in the head. Thanks for any input anyone may have.

Snorky

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2002 mustang GT and dropped the K member. I am doing the motor mounts and a tubular K member. I have long tube headers to put on drivers side no issues but the passenger side is fighting me every step. I have taken out the starter and motor mount clearance the floor and bell housing of the trans. I have something else causing me issues I can't seem to find what it is. Any insight do I need to pull the A/C compressor or ? I am laying on my back with the car on jackstands and being a big guy can't see or feel any place it is hanging up I even pulled all the studs but the three that stayed in the head. Thanks for any input anyone may have.
Is the oem stud hitting a primary tube?? I had to trim or replace studs with bolts on my forward facing headers.

Snorky

Reaction score
Also you need to take the thin metal shield off of the motor mount

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online