Looking at a 4v

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Teksid blocks were made and produced to 01 however, not all cobras got them in 01. Next there are Early and late versions,I being duff daddy, have both. As far as being able to tell the difference there are a few ways, one water pump bolt spacing between a wap and all teksids are different. Next the pattern in the valley between the heads and under the intake manifold is different, waps have a diamond pattern where Teksids are Squares. There are a few other variances between the 2 blocks. You for purchasing a car need to know NOTHING about this, nor should it effect your purchase. Both cars will run fine independent of your choice.

Oh also Waps are slightly lighter and have more extern guessetts then the Teksid. Reguardless when ou pick up an 84lb Engine block compared to the 150+ for an iron block, its a nice feeling!!

MustangChris said:
um. not really. the teskid is an aluminum block thats rated for 1,000+ HP. they came in 1996-1998 cobra mustangs and lincoln mark 8s (or something like that. the one i have in my garage came from a lincoln.)

they were made with the same aluminum that ferrari used in their engine blocks durring those same years. They are a high-quality product and are much more desirable over the WAP blocks.

The WAP came in the new edge mustang cobras and mach 1s. they arent as strong. thats about all i can tell you.

if you are looking for a fun car with less than 450 HP to drive to work everyday, get the 01.

Dingle berry when do you have to learn to check our technical advise prior to posting it.

What a block can and cant hold is 100% dependent on the quality of bearings, weight of rotating assmelby, quality of balance ect. The blocks have been known to hold 1500+ on the teksid side and 850 "esk" on the Wap side, however these are "rough" numbers. Not many people expecially in the land of 281 wings and bullitt wheels will get close to that by building a motor on their own.

Next Waps also came in explorers, which is cool because its the only 2v block you can take and slap in your mustang as a "swap, no drilling required" for a 2v.

I believe that is all. If you need more info or want specific pic's of the blocks let me know.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well tinky winky, i basically assumed everyone on the planet has enough insite to know that every car is different and to know that *any* manufactured good is prone to failure due to manufacturing defects, as small as they may be.

When purchasing a new car, and asking for basic information regarding the type of engine block, i didnt deem it necossary to mention the "quality of bearings, weight of rotating assembly, quality of balance, etc" as the OP wouldnt have had the ability to inspect those anyways, nor change them if he so desired. He mentioned what he wanted the car for, and giving basic information instead of flooding him with a bunch of technical mumbo-jumbo that he clearly doesnt need to make an educated decision in his purchase are two different things.

i believe i made aparent how little this information really means to the OP by reitterating the fact that he should probably buy the 01 over the sn95, eventhough "the blocks have been known to hold 1500+ on the teksid side and 850 "esk" on the Wap side."

OP
OP
R

RideThePONYgt

Reaction score
Haha everyone in this thread helped, I dont know too much about mod motors so any info, detailed or basic is really appreciated. I want something new to me so thats what im aiming for. Going from a 5.0 to a 4.6 4v, auto to stick, Gt to Cobra =) cant wait. My pops and I are gonna make a trip next thurday and hopefully drive her back.

Cobracarlo

Reaction score
well ive had a 5.0 and a 98 cobra. my thoughts. The 4.6 revs faster and is smoother. the 5.0 has more parts and they are alot cheaper. As far as a DD the 01 will be fine. Depending on what u have done to your 5.0 just keep in mind a vert 01 cobra with the IRS is gonna be a bit heavier then ur car so be prepared for that. Also the 4.6 is known for having low torq downlow so ur deff gonna need gears. Either way have fun man.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if you change gears, remember you have IRS in the 01. different parts for the swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online