Looking at buying a SCT Xcal2 tuner

9838stang

Reaction score
Found someone on modded selling a SCT XCAL 2 tuner for $80.00. I have an SCT 4 BANK chip now... I already called AM to see about the free tunes for life, they told me as long as im the original owner, i still get free tunes. I just need to supply the computer code, and the mods needed to calibrate the computer.

But im kinda against having to send in the chip to have it tuned everytime i put new part on... I may not be able to get any other new parts for a few months....

Need opinions and need ideas.... I know i will still need to have a tune created. but can i change the gear ratio and tire size and all that blah blah with the tuner?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
^ yup

And there are other brand tuners available with tons of features just like the big dawg sct. SCT is king among the Ford family, but Diablosport has a foothold as well with tons of support.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
only 99 up can adjust for gears/tire size with a tuner.

I don't see the benefit of going from what you have to the handheld other then emailed tunes. You don't need to change your tune for every bolton you do.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
only 99 up can adjust for gears/tire size with a tuner.

I don't see the benefit of going from what you have to the handheld other then emailed tunes. You don't need to change your tune for every bolton you do.

Well you see .... ehhhhemmmm

......and now why I'm asking for tuner questions.

Well she got a pole

:cry:

And well yea

Bone stock 4.6 2v pi motor, with only 56k miles. Backed up with a 5spd.

And 1owner car... for $1500

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I thought you said you weren't building the blue car, just scavenging the parts.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I thought you said you weren't building the blue car, just scavenging the parts.

Well I'm pushing everything from the blue car over to my car. The whole wire harness, column, Pat's system tank and all. Keeping my interior just putting it over the 2000 stuff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online