Looking at this 1999 Cobra

OP
OP
B

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Too many miles for that price IMO. There are better deals out there.

thats what i thought too. is it worth it to get a 99-01 cobra though?

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
BlackCobra50 said:
AaRoN said:

That's not for me to decide. You are the one that's gonna hand over your money and you'll be driving it.

If you're asking for my opinion; then yes, I think the 99/01 Cobras are worth it. If you're rich, you can do an FR500 H/C/I and whoop on mildly modded Termys. :)

In fact, if you're really interested in the 99/01's, my buddy has his 01 for sale. It's built as closely as possible to 03/04 specs minus the iron block.
Date: Dec 22, 2007 1:54 PM

All of'em huh. Well motor was pulled and rebuilt in 04. It was punched over 20, the heads and intake were cleaned up to flow better, it has Sean Hyland Cams, 7qt canton pan, Spec stage 2 clutch and will be needing one soon, all the internals are now forged with diamond pistons, Manley H-Beam rods and steel rings, 4:30 ford racing gears, Mac long tube headers, Mac off road H-pipe, Mac cat back, some alum interior pieces, B&M shifter, Carbon Fiber 04 Cobra hood, SCT Tuner, FR500 rims 18x10 and 18x9, Falken 615's on the front and Nitto 555's on back. I belive thats about it. I bought it for 16 and have put well over 9 into it. I would like to get 17 out of her but let me know. The bottom end was built for 30lbs of boost.

OP
OP
B

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
BlackCobra50 said:
AaRoN said:

That's not for me to decide. You are the one that's gonna hand over your money and you'll be driving it.

If you're asking for my opinion; then yes, I think the 99/01 Cobras are worth it. If you're rich, you can do an FR500 H/C/I and whoop on mildly modded Termys. :)

In fact, if you're really interested in the 99/01's, my buddy has his 01 for sale. It's built as closely as possible to 03/04 specs minus the iron block.
Date: Dec 22, 2007 1:54 PM

All of'em huh. Well motor was pulled and rebuilt in 04. It was punched over 20, the heads and intake were cleaned up to flow better, it has Sean Hyland Cams, 7qt canton pan, Spec stage 2 clutch and will be needing one soon, all the internals are now forged with diamond pistons, Manley H-Beam rods and steel rings, 4:30 ford racing gears, Mac long tube headers, Mac off road H-pipe, Mac cat back, some alum interior pieces, B&M shifter, Carbon Fiber 04 Cobra hood, SCT Tuner, FR500 rims 18x10 and 18x9, Falken 615's on the front and Nitto 555's on back. I belive thats about it. I bought it for 16 and have put well over 9 into it. I would like to get 17 out of her but let me know. The bottom end was built for 30lbs of boost.

I do like the 99-01's i love the 03-04's though but they are way to pricey lol. if i had the cash i'd by one straight up but i'm a poor little 20 yr old lol so i need to finance one, but i dont want to get into a big mess of problems by financing one and having more problems than i have now or even having the eninge/tranny blow. :-/\

btw do u know what the rwhp is on 99-01 cobras? isnt it close to 300rwhp?

rgs

Reaction score
get an 01

bit more hp, better axles, better seats

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you don't want to spend the cash on a 03/04 Cobra, you should think about an 03/04 Mach1. You can get one for 13-17k.

OP
OP
B

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
If you don't want to spend the cash on a 03/04 Cobra, you should think about an 03/04 Mach1. You can get one for 13-17k.

I'm looking to spend around 9-10K remember, i'm a poor 20 yr old that has to pay for everything on my own including college! :wall: :hammer:

S

scarface

thats actually a good price.. they are becoming a wanted thing lately and demand is higher. an 01 would be a better buy though.

S

scarface

Lightning Struck said:
Id get a Mach if I did it over again.........Mach>Cobra
bah...they are nice, but I wouldnt sell my cobra to get one.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
GO FOR IT!!!!!!

do it is a real good price and good Yearly mileage, about 10-11k miles a year not bad at all

and the interior looks like new

I say go for it :thumb:

Slow95Cobra

Reaction score
car looks clean. i say go for it, but i would personally dump the wheels and CAI for something better. but not a bad buy. the Cobra market has kinda taken a swing in the up direction, so its not a bad time to buy.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Scarface said:
Lightning Struck said:

Id take a Mach over another 99/01 cobra. The Mach has the solid axle and the slightly stronger engine ( due the the cam profiles I think )

S

scarface

Lightning Struck said:
Scarface said:
Lightning Struck said:

Id take a Mach over another 99/01 cobra. The Mach has the solid axle and the slightly stronger engine ( due the the cam profiles I think )
solid axles are over rated. I know, Ive had both in the same car. I was handing Machs their ass in the turns last weekend.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Scarface said:
Lightning Struck said:
Scarface said:
Lightning Struck said:

solid axles are over rated. I know, Ive had both in the same car. I was handing Machs their ass in the turns last weekend.

curves dont intrest me ( obviously..... I have a truck :coolsmiley: ) straight line is what im after, and thats where the solid eats the IRS up :)

S

scarface

Lightning Struck said:
Scarface said:
Lightning Struck said:
Scarface said:
Lightning Struck said:

curves dont intrest me ( obviously..... I have a truck :coolsmiley: ) straight line is what im after, and thats where the solid eats the IRS up :)
I hate to be THAT guy, but there are plenty of 10 second IRS cars. You would have to build the straight axle at that level, so why not build the IRS. But you are right, you have a truck, so your opinion doesnt count :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online