looking for a x pipe

Nine7Cobra

Reaction score
im trying to get my brother a x pipe for his birthday.. currently the car is stock.. i have no clue what to get.. i was looking at flowmaster x pipe catted. anyone have any input on what to get... i dont want it to sound bad would like a deep tone

hottwheels04

Reaction score
I have a Mac off road H pipe for sale, it made mycar sound like a race car so if you want a deep loud tone hit me up,but if you want to pass emissions and not be to loud I would suggest a h pipe with cats or xpipe with cats.

Nick95GT

Reaction score
get a pypes o/r x pipe from Americanmuscle.com. pretty much the cheapest x pipe u can buy brand new and it is very good quality with 409 stainless steel and sounds amazing. i just put one on my 95 gt yesterday and i love it!

Bouttime09

Reaction score
MAC catless H is reasonably priced and sounds great with the MAC catback...nice and muscley...no rasp or blap.

watman02

Reaction score
Im actually not a big fan of the pypes the fitment was not great and it took a lot of feness to get it but it does sound good

Nick95GT

Reaction score
watman02 said:
Im actually not a big fan of the pypes the fitment was not great and it took a lot of feness to get it but it does sound good

dude mine fit perfectly...guess it just depends on the application. does sound very good though the only problem i have with mine is it hangs a little too low. gotta unbult the left side from the headers and try to twist it back up higher so it doesnt bottom out

KWClutch

Reaction score
I have a UPR O/R X and I think it sounds good. Fitment was a little off but nothing a pry bar didn't fix.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
cant see that first link.. lol but the SLP midpipe isnt exactly a budget build LOL. The pypes or mac one would be.. but SLP is great quality, fit is great, plus its modular like i said. All you hafta do is swap a small portion of the pipe to take out the cats(not the whole midpipe).. plus ur set up for LTs as well..

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Shifty Powers said:
cant see that first link.. lol but the SLP midpipe isnt exactly a budget build LOL. The pypes or mac one would be.. but SLP is great quality, fit is great, plus its modular like i said. All you hafta do is swap a small portion of the pipe to take out the cats(not the whole midpipe).. plus ur set up for LTs as well..

haha, its a "MustangChris" budget build... lol. i dont like pypes, BBK, or MAC exhaust products. ive *heard* of many problems with pypes, and had personal experience problems with both BBK and MAC.... therefor that leaves like, flowmaster, magnaflow, borla, and a handful of others....

I checked a few prices (magnaflow, bassani, and SLP)

slp had the lowest price, therefore, with my picky taste would be the "budget build"
bassani, i have now and it is sex, therefore, it is my first pick (with price being no issue)

as for the link not working, just google:
bassani part# 46973 and it should be one of the few that first pop up.
Bassani SS Power X Crossover w/cats 1996-98 Mustang COBRA - Manual Trans

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol... im a high-maintance kinda guy... highest-dollar for my baby... :) she gets nothing but the best.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
lol... im a high-maintance kinda guy... highest-dollar for my baby... :) she gets nothing but the best.

have you seen your wheels?
kekekegay.gif

OP
OP
N

Nine7Cobra

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys this vehicle was kept really well by the previous owner. He was a old school ford tech. The car is my brothers btw I just do all the research and play with parts. We are shooting toward the bassaNi x pipe my brother is also the kind of guy that does not like cheap this concidering this is his dream car and only wants the best. Now for the bassani x pipe cam you also take the cats off and put pipes on?

Dysfunction

Reaction score
After installing my pypes xpipe i've got mixed feelings. It went together ok, but fitment had to be finessed. It does hang way low, no way around that. And the pipe itself is loud, at least on my car. I've riden in several other cars with o/r xpipes and none are a loud as mine. I'm not talking about exhaust sound from back of car, i'm talking resonate sound through the pipe... It's just loud. I'd go Bassani if i were to get another one, but i was on a budget doing the whole exhaust.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online