Loving the Mustang world

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
As far as your idle thing goes, you need to make or buy an IAC restrictor plate. The IAC vastly over compensates on 2v cars. I put one on mine, helped tremendously.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As far as your idle thing goes, you need to make or buy an IAC restrictor plate. The IAC vastly over compensates on 2v cars. I put one on mine, helped tremendously.

He has a 5 woah butt knocker!

But anyhow, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay :D

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah same thing here. And when I push thr clutch in to come to a stop it would hang around 1300rpm until im completely stopped. I bought a BDW brand. Its no good, I actually weny through 3 BDW IACs until I atleast got my idle right. But get a motorcraft one, that should fix the problem. It did for me atleast. Its around 180 dollars which isnt cheap for such a small looking part lol but it was worth it. The driving experience got way better and I didnt look like a noobie shifting all nooblishly. Hope it helps you out.

When mine did this it was because of that adjustable screw on the TB. Not the idle adjust but the one that was on top, try turning it a couple of turns tighter.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and nice looking 5.0. I love my Mustang, but will admit that I too have a big block Mopar muscle car that Im restoring as we speak...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online