Low coolant light

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
Does anyone elses low coolant Warning go off when you fill up the reservoir past a certain point. I find that when I drain the coolant to the bottom of the reservoir it goes off, sometimes blinks on when I'm getting on it (hitting the gas) and I'm guessing it splashes higher?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Does anyone elses low coolant Warning go off when you fill up the reservoir past a certain point. I find that when I drain the coolant to the bottom of the reservoir it goes off, sometimes blinks on when I'm getting on it (hitting the gas) and I'm guessing it splashes higher?

"Does anyone elses low coolant Warning go off when you fill up the reservoir past a certain point" - This is how it is supposed to work.

"I find that when I drain the coolant to the bottom of the reservoir it goes off" - This is exactly the inverse of what you just said?

Now by "go off" do you mean turn off, or turn on?

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
"Does anyone elses low coolant Warning go off when you fill up the reservoir past a certain point" - This is how it is supposed to work.

"I find that when I drain the coolant to the bottom of the reservoir it goes off" - This is exactly the inverse of what you just said?

Now by "go off" do you mean turn off, or turn on?
When the reservoir is full the low coolant light turns on. When it is low it turns off. This is what I was told by the previous owner. He said he filled the reservoir and it turned on so he drained it to where it does not light up but when I hit the gas hard and it sloshes around the light just flickers on them off. Maybe a sensor?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that would be my first guess. Have you taken it out and inspected it and the connections to it yet?

Chip66

Reaction score
The sensors are notorious for going bad.

You can buy a new one from LMR.

I simply removed the bulb from my dash at the same time I put a new odometer gear in.

Check the coolant each time you change oil and live without the light like most cars on the road.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Or just pull the bulb out of the cluster. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online