Lower than Sportlines?

joemomma

Reaction score
Anyone make a spring lower than Eibach Sportlines? While I'm happy with the current stance, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it was just a touch lower. Maybe I just need to remove the isolators? How bad is noise/vibration without the isolators?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would start by taking out the iso's and its probably all you need. if you take out the iso's just wrap the spring with a few wraps of electrical tape to prevent noise and I have heard that it keeps them quiet.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I have the H&R springs and by looking at how they are made, i believe if i wanted to i could remove at the most one full coil and it not affect original spring rate. The coils on the body side are compressed together while the coil on the wheel side looks more like a spring. I think removing one coil could drop my car another 3/4" and not affect the ride quality given by these springs.

In my particular scenario having the hugejazz heavy 5.4l, the front sits lower than the rear. Giving the car that hotrod rake look. Ive always thought that i could remove the rear springs and cut half a coil off just to bring the rear down a tad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
I had thought about possibly cutting the Eibachs at the bottom, but some Googling seemed to point to that being a really bad idea. Once I get settled in the new place I may visit taking the isolators out. It's pretty easy to get them out at this point since they are shorter than stock.

badass98svt

Reaction score
H&R SuperSports are lower I believe.

A set of the adjustable height LCA from MM may help too

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m running the MM “Sport” series Adjustable LCA’s. Super easy to raise/lower ride height… just turn the Allan nut! On a flat surface, I just measured the gap between top of tire and edge of wheel well to make sure both sides are even. EZPZ!

J_lope82

Reaction score
If you all had to choose between cutting the springs or removing isolators which one would you all do and why? I’m looking for slightly more drop as well.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Everything I've read says not to cut lowering springs, but cutting factory springs is "OK". I'll be removing isolators once I'm settled in.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Isolators out first before doing something drastic/permanent like cutting springs(never been a fan of, personally)

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Joe momma,
Just curious: have you decided which way you’re gonna go on this? Interested in the follow thru

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
I'll be pulling the isolators out once I have my tools and stuff at the new house. They're currently buried somewhere in our storage rental.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online