Mac H-Pipe and 98 Automatic

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
your most likely going to have to call, the only ones i can find to fit are magnaflow's off summit racing and those are $$$, i think someone said macs will fit our autos though, i know bbk doesnt, but your better off calling to make sure though

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
i think it will fit. If not you will have the bang/hammer in some of the pipe to make it fit. Its not major and alot of autos done it i think.

white98gt

Reaction score
spitfirees20 said:
i just put a o/r mac h pipe on my 98 auto 3 weeks ago. no problems what so ever. got mine from speedworx.com. 125.00 plus shipping. i think it came to 167 & some change with the shipping. had all the bolts with it. hope that answers your concerns.

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Ive got a O/R H-Pipe on my with no problems at all. Its been on my car for over a year now.
And yes its an auto... O0

OP
OP
S

spitfirees20

Reaction score
thanks for all the quick replies, I emailed the company and Leon replied, on a sunday no less, to tell me it fit. So, I ordered it :thumb:

boss281

Reaction score
spitfirees20 said:
thanks for all the quick replies, I emailed the company and Leon replied, on a sunday no less, to tell me it fit. So, I ordered it :thumb:

Sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier. I have a Mac CATTED h-pipe sitting in the garage because it will NOT fit an automatic without custom exhaust work. My son works at a shop that does this and they said the problem was the cats resting against the trans. I said heck with it and bought a Mac offroad Prochamber. Fit like a charm. I'll have to sell the catted h-pipe to someone with a manual...

John

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
boss281 said:
spitfirees20 said:

Sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier. I have a Mac CATTED h-pipe sitting in the garage because it will NOT fit an automatic without custom exhaust work. My son works at a shop that does this and they said the problem was the cats resting against the trans. I said heck with it and bought a Mac offroad Prochamber. Fit like a charm. I'll have to sell the catted h-pipe to someone with a manual...

John
Damn i would buy it if i didn't have one lol.

97gtconv.

Reaction score
i had the short mac-off road h-pipe with the mac long tubes...the h-pipe wasn't a issue for me at all..just the passenger side header is..

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
when i had an MAC o/r h pipe on my auto, it didn't fit....i could of made it work....just didn't feel like messing with it.