OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
He’s a message I got from him this morning I will just paste what he said

“ Good morning Viinie
I think I’ve fucked up.
Me and my bro thought fuck it last night ( we had had a few drinks so wasn’t thinking straight) and took the screen out bad idea. I’ve lost idle. The engine is running rough below 1000 and every time you drop the clutch the engine was to stall. Not only that but if you floor it the engine bogs down even if you’re at speed and you boot it the car will just bog you have to be so gentle on the go pedal. Was an interesting drive to work this morning, going to be fitting the spare one later today and see if it the car drives any better. Don’t know if the ecu needs time to figure things out or not. Any way was you popping round for tea this afternoon? Catch you later mate “

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pretty sure that no matter which side of which pond your on this is where you say "I told you so".

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
By the way I’ve got a quick question for you lot can anyone tell me what this little black box is for ?
Mine has a crack in it and is sucking in air, I’ve wrapped it in tape for the moment. A71BD716-27CD-4CF8-9D1B-F911E5799F90.jpeg

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Cheers mate but what harm will it do if I was to remove it?
Finding it very difficult to find one for sale in the U.K.

Connie

Reaction score
Hi all my mates just brought a new CAI for his 2003 GT new edge but the instructions are saying to remove the maf screen, I always believed this to be a bad thing to do,
So should he remove it or not and why
Cheers all
I have the BBK Kit on my '03 GT, and I removed the Screen. I believe the reason the factory installed a MAF Screen, is to reduce intake air turbulence to the MAF Sensor. I put the CAI in over 15 years ago, and never had an issue with the Sensor. Without a measuring device, I can't say whether it's better with, or without the Screen. But, it works fine on mine without it.DSC00186.JPG

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Reduce intake noise why would anyone want to reduce the sound of the intake singing ?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you might tell yer buddy to see if he can clock/rotate the maf and try it in a different location.

Benni614

Reaction score
Reduce intake noise why would anyone want to reduce the sound of the intake singing ?
This is crazy to me. I have never wanted to or dealt with any issues with the maf screen. At all. Stock or heavy modified. Such a waste of time to even consider this. Pretty soon we gonna say we don't need it. I don't mean to bash but this is a no brainer I respect all opinions and well if u did it or not this is not something worth doing 1 way or another. If ur saying swapping from a stock maf to a slot style thats different.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Well I’ve just fitted the spare Maf and the engine went from running like crap to running sweet again just like it did before he took it out. So all I can say is that on his GT the screen definitely plays a big part in how the engine runs. Some people get away with it and some don’t.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
This is crazy to me. I have never wanted to or dealt with any issues with the maf screen. At all. Stock or heavy modified. Such a waste of time to even consider this. Pretty soon we gonna say we don't need it. I don't mean to bash but this is a no brainer I respect all opinions and well if u did it or not this is not something worth doing 1 way or another. If ur saying swapping from a stock maf to a slot style thats different.

I told him it was a big mistake playing around with screen, ford didn’t just waste ££££££‘s or $$$$$$$’a fitting them for no reason but some people just have to try things out for themselves

Benni614

Reaction score
I told him it was a big mistake playing around with screen, ford didn’t just waste ££££££‘s or $$$$$$$’a fitting them for no reason but some people just have to try things out for themselves
Welp hey I'm all for being different or custom this or that but some things are just plain and simple. But what ever good luck is all I can say

tvsn95

Reaction score
My 94 cobra had a original maf screen , I removed it and saw no diff.
For what its worth, I have used a coarse ( #10 ) screen in my blow through turbo before the Maf. after some work i decided to remove it and needed a slight re tune . mostly at Idle and part throttle if I remember right. the screen CAN act as an air straightener and can be beneficial in some cases.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online