Mach Sound Tweeter dilemma

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
So a while back I bought the factory two piece set (door part and mirror part) for my car. Now that I am getting more interested in doing this, I discovered that they won’t fit my door card. I either have to cut the tweeter housing or cut my door panels. I do not feel comfortable doing this, as I have everyone’s favorite interior color - red. So my options are cut tweeter, cut door panel or find a red replacement with Mach sound.

There is a second issue though... ...I have a 3 gauge a-pillar. Can I even get these to fit with this?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a small spot to cut on the door and if done correctly you won’t see it once the pod is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you don't have the door panels for it do you have the rest of the wiring for them? Cutting the enclosure is no big deal and no performance lost.

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
upload_2020-1-7_0-6-12.jpeg

This is what I have. It was easier to dust off the old eBay email pic from September than to go outside and wake everyone up. It says “Mach 460” and was listed for a 99-04

My main issue with cutting is deciding later that I don’t like the look, only now I can’t go back, because the door panel would look funny.

Also worried that it won’t work with my apillar gauges. Do you know of anyone who’s been able to have both?

My current setup has infinity speakers and tweeters with the controller unit (I can’t think of the official term right now) permanently affixed to the inside with nail glue. The current tweeters are attached where the Mach ones would go. I want to replace them because originally the housing was silver, that I painted black, the emblems fell off, which make the grills look dented, and the passenger side keeps falling out. ...But they are like 15 years old.

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can modify the bottom of the Mach housing so you don’t have to cut the doors. Plenty of people have made those fit just fine with a pillar pods.

And it’s called a crossover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
basically you just do not attach the bottom of the housing and trim a little. Its on the bottom of the enclosure and will not be seen. It should not have any problem with the pillars. swap out the mach tweeter for your infinity its not hard to make a bracket to hold it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online