Made it back to the track after a 3 yr absense.

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks Cube. I still wont be completely happy until I have broken my personal best ( 12.5 ) so I'm almost there on my first time back at the track. If I can break my personal best on the DR's that would be awesome b/c I was never able to achieve 60' times or ET's in this area w/ out slicks. I think the suspension is going to play a big roll in the new times I'm seeing. I was second guessing the solid rear bushings but as far as I'm concerned they can stay.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
My car was trapping 109-108 this last weekend for some odd reason, best trap before that was 106.8mph, and my car was dyno'd at 298rwhp before I owned it, all I have done is changed exhausts :/. As for top end wiggle, be a man, bite your lip, and give er' tits! I run 265 wide up front with my slicks, My car is shaking and going everywhere on the top end! ;)

Ya, my auto turd trapped 120-121 with 385 rwhp...4v's also pull like animals up top though compared to 2vs or 5.0s

Id think you would be up around 115 or so trap with that power venom but the 5.0s are more of a low end motor so idk, maybe not.

As far as slick wobble, try it in a 600 rwhp car trapping 130+ haha

It feels bad but keep your foot to the floor and steer the car straight and you should be fine.

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Its not the wobble that bothers me as much as having to switch over tires at the track and I would like to break a new personal best with DR's and run times below what I was able to do with slicks. Ive kept in it on a lot of occasions so the wobble is nothing new but I just hate feeling it. Not that I expect it to happen but Ive seen my fair share of cars into the wall over the years both at the track I go to and down in FL.

There is still some more HP / trap speed in there. Its not at its limit for what it will make for power or trap at. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to squeeze out a 113 or so by the time its all done. I'm anxious to get to the dyno to see what it actually is making for power Its deff north of the 350 mark now. Hell I remember the first few times I started to go to the drag strip the only goal I had was to break 100 MPH in the quarter lol

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
My 60s were very similar to when I cut my 106 mph passes, within a few hundredths. Nothing has changed, same shift points etc, it's confusing me too lol.

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure yet. I might go before the dyno on June 8th but I would like to have the front runners before I go back as well. Ill post up when I do go again

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Just confused as to why my car was trapping 3mph more than last time with no extra mods and very similar ET and 60 times, and I was using same shift points :/

shorty

Reaction score
air temp plays a good part in it also, maybe thats why?

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I also need a new helmet before I can go again, my SNELL rating has expired. I'm buying a new one next week

shorty

Reaction score
get ya one with the little perpeler or however its spelled

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
haha no, I'm going to get matte black HJC and deck it out on monster decals.

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
12.5 @108 with a 1.7 60' on slicks w/ stock uppers power shifting.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
That's cool. Looks like your mph picked up a bit, which is a positive sign. I'm sure you'll beat your time once you reinstall the slicks.

I wish my Coyote would 60' like that. My car traps 110mph every time, but my ETs sucks bigtime. I can't even get a 12 out of it.

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
My goal is to beat it on the DR's then see what I can get it down to with the slicks. I'm only a tenth off from my best time, I think adding some timing and power shifting will get me there. Once the slicks go back on I'll have the front runners as well so I'll see how low I can get it from there.

That kind of power w/ yours and street tires would make it difficult. I could not imagine trying to launch mine on street tires w/ that kind of low end TQ it has.