Major interior changes for me

opdet1wa

Reaction score
Nice job. I couldn't tell so I'll ask. Did you also do the back sides of the door skins and rear quarters? I wore kevlar sleeves for that part of the project as there are some damn shape edges in those places.

OP
OP
badass98svt

badass98svt

Reaction score
Nice job. I couldn't tell so I'll ask. Did you also do the back sides of the door skins and rear quarters? I wore kevlar sleeves for that part of the project as there are some damn shape edges in those places.

Yes, I did some crucial areas on the backside of the door panels, rear quarter trim, and even the kick panels. I used the SD and the ccf, just like the floor, just not as much.
I also did SD under the rear package shelf, under the decklid, and in the rear quarter cavities, as best I could (both accessed from the trunk, and inside the car through the access hole by the exterior scoop).

OP
OP
badass98svt

badass98svt

Reaction score
so ya pulled the amp below the radio as well?

I forgot about that little bugger in there. I need to pull the radio anyway, as there's just not enough real estate back there for the double DIN radio to sit in all the way.
I also need to figure out how to wire up the new fog light switch.
I grabbed an Escape fog light switch which is identically shaped to the 01-04 switch. However, I need to look into how to wire it up. The pigtail has 5 wires, where the 01-04 has 4 wires. I got the light to illuminate but that about it so far.

The pigtail on the top is for the Escape, the bottom is 01-04 Mustang.

PXL_20220419_133646052.jpg

There's actually 2 different Escape switches that will fit. The one on the left is shorter, and uses a totally different shaped plug, but yet all the wire colors are the same as the other Escape switch.
PXL_20220419_133802893.jpg

Last edited:

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Looks very thorough! How many screw and bolt holes did you cover? That's something that I would probably realize I had done when it was too late! Thanks for sharing your photos!

Weekend Warrior

Reaction score
Sure looks like it'll be a very quiet ride when the speakers aren't thumpin.

Did you test the road noise level before you tore it all apart or weigh all the material before putting it in?

OP
OP
badass98svt

badass98svt

Reaction score
I didn't do a before and after Db test, I should have though. It is most definitely more quiet inside now, but not as quiet as I was hoping for. :D
I even installed a new Mass Backed carpet, rather than a standard OEM style replacement.
I could also add a nice sheet of MLV on the floor of the trunk, but not sure If I'll go that route or not.

OP
OP
badass98svt

badass98svt

Reaction score
And BTW, the Escape fog light switches/buttons can not be used on our Mustangs. While they look very similar, they operate differently. I promise you, no matter how you wire it they don't work. I personally spoke with a friend whom works for Ford and specializes in the wiring. No dice.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
MLV is the way to go. I did that rather than the stock jute insulation below the carpet and a layer of sound damping for vibration and there is a difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010