making a list

Suspect

Reaction score
so im getting ready to get some heads and im making a list. i know all the things i need to do the swap. lifters, rockers, pushrods, gaskets, bolts, ect. i dont want the old wp going back in, so i want to get a new one. i looked at summit and i see FR has one for 50 buxs. anyone have anything bad to say about em? what else should i replace? what kind of grease(s)/rtv do i need? what kinda header bolts, i dont wanna strip where they bolt to the head. :noes: what else??

will i need a tune right after or will i be able to drive it for awhile until i can get one?

94twinscrew

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste your time on the FMS wP....they don't last long,and there's no warranty. Carquest and Napa's carry a lifetime warranty,and are well made. If you're doing the WP and heads,I would also swap out the timing chain....you're already there,might as well do it. You'll need a tube of black rtv for the front and back lower intake seal,and check with the manufactuer of the heads to see if their torque specs are with moly lube,oil,or dry torqueing....it makes a huge difference. Stage 8 header bolts are best,but it aslo depends on the type of headers and clearance. Summit has some decent ones too. Having someone there to help you lift off the heads,and re-install helps a lot...along with setting the lower back down. If you're keeping smog,leave the valve covers and lower intake off until you bolt the balance tube back on the heads. A little thing of mechanics wire helps keep the harness's out of the way. Masking tape for lableing,and tapeing intake ports for dirt protection......I could go on and on.lol

You should be fine,just add more fuel......usually people only run into problems after installing a radical cam...and need to iron out idle issues with a tune.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
yea i think im going to add the timing chain. ive also been thinking of changing out my ecam for a tf stage 1 cam. someone told me theyre are very similar and might not be worth it?! i figure the tf cam has to be better than the old ford cams. how about my fuel pump? im trying to think of everything. just wanna have it all when i start. and dont want a lot of trips to the parts store. ::)although i am going to take my time. im actually excited to get started. 8)

ryclef331

Reaction score
If you're running a stock pump still, just pick up a 255lph walbro somewhere. ITs an easy drop in deal really. The post before pretty much nailed it on the head....short of going to a meizere electric, a stock replacement wp will do just fine. The FR one is probably for a fox anyway and won't work for your app.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
im getting the tf twisted wedge. ill prolly run it for awhile like this. really just copying the kit. then im going to get a blower or start building a motor on side. i like the new motor idea better, since mine has to be tired by now. well see.
:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online