Maximum Motorsports gripper package

RichV

Reaction score
are you running the stock upper bushings in the PM3L? If yes, it's no wonder why your bushings are shot. I run a PM3L with spherical axle bushings and heim joint chassis end. Reinforced the chassis with a battle box brace and I couldn't be happier. Handles everything I throw at it no problem. Running the rubber bushings in the PM3L is asking for trouble IMO.

Unfortunately I don't have that option. There is some talk of allowing a Tq box reinforcement, but not legal as of now. UCAs must be factory, but bushings are unlimited.

Oh and g36 monkey, I don't think you can run a PHB and a Watts, you prolly want one or the other.

MadStang

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have that option. There is some talk of allowing a Tq box reinforcement, but not legal as of now. UCAs must be factory, but bushings are unlimited.

Oh and g36 monkey, I don't think you can run a PHB and a Watts, you prolly want one or the other.

ah i see. well hopefully they start allowing torque box reinforcement, if anything that's a safety issue even with a 4 link. the torque boxes shift in a big way, when I first put my r-comps on one of my friends commented on how you could literally see the axle moving left and right through the slaloms. Immediately after that I bought a watts link and PM3L lol.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
could I go torque arm and watts link then?
[MENTION=10532]MadStang[/MENTION], I forgot what I need to get lol

RichV

Reaction score
You should be able to as long as the manufacturer's parts play well with each other.

MadStang

Reaction score
The fays2 watts link will clear both MM and Griggs TA's. The fays2 doesn't mount to the diff cover like other watts links so it gives you more clearance and does not interfere with TA mounting.

RichV

Reaction score
Yes, you can do a TA and PHB, that's what MM designs their SRA suspension systems with.

The watts has a different center of gravity than a phb, but I don't know a whole about 'watts vs phb' debate. I'm sure each has it's goods/bads.

MadStang

Reaction score
Yes, you can do a TA and PHB, that's what MM designs their SRA suspension systems with.

The watts has a different center of gravity than a phb, but I don't know a whole about 'watts vs phb' debate. I'm sure each has it's goods/bads.

Both work well but the Panhard bar is known for having different cornering characteristics left versus right due to it being a single bar controlling lateral movement. This can be bad under quick transitions as you won't have the same feeling left to right. Also with a panhard bar the axle still moves laterally, it's just controlled movement as the suspension compresses and expands over bumps as well as through corners.

Watts Link eliminates all of the above. even control through corners and very smooth and predictable handling much like IRS. Only downside is adding a lot of weight to the car and until the Fays2 came around, it required welding, now that's been eliminated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online