Meth injection or smaller pulley?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Tuning' started by 94SVTVenom, May 30, 2007.

1. 94SVTVenom

94SVTVenom New Member

I have a 94 cobra with dss 306 with trickflow H/C/I. I also have a v2 s trim. The last time I had it dynoed it was 502 rwhp with 11 psi on the stock plley and power pipe. I am wondering if I could throw a 3.00 pulley on there or possibly meth injection to gain some more power. I do think that I am living on borrowed time with the block though. It does have a main support girdle on it.
    I know that the meth injection will help cool things off but will it give me as much gain as a smaller pulley.

2. firstonraceday

firstonraceday Active Member

i wouldent go over 11 psi without some sort of intercooler or meth injection. Look at snow performance they have some great stuff.

3. 94SVTVenom

94SVTVenom New Member

I was kinda leaning towards the AFM mr. freeze unit. Does anyoen have any experience with it?

4. 19turbo95

19turbo95 New Member

Don't have experience with it but definatly helps with detonation. Also you get really good increase in power.

5. Paul

Paul Legend

The girdle will hold your broken parts together pretty well. If you don't already have the cash saved for a new block and any other internals that break when your motor inevitably lets go, I'd start there.

As far as pulley vs meth - I'd go with a pulley and a good tune. Then the power will be there all the time.

6. 98svtsnake

98svtsnake New Member

i have a mr freeze from afm but i can't figure out a place to mount it. i just want to use the smallest nozzle to cool things off a bit. i haven't been able to get a response in the svt forum. i guess nobody is using it.

7. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Definatley the WMI :)

8. 19turbo95

19turbo95 New Member

If you run to much boost without a intercooler you intake air temps will be pretty hot and you might start detonating. With meth injection you can run more timing and have no detonation and you will see a huge gain in power.

9. scarface

scarface Guest

you would see a good bit with meth injection. Michael Plummer is a member on here, and he is a distributor for Snow...Pm him and he can really hook you up.

10. MikeF

MikeF Member

im looking into the mr freeze .how is it.did you get it hooked up

11. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

I'm going to be running meth along with an intercooler. that is going to be my project over winter

12. Crone

Crone Active Member

It's not a mustang, but on the 89 turbo probe I had, we put a meth injection kit on, and it pulled like a bitch. and it was only around 140 dollars? well worth every penny.... :eek:ccasion14:

13. blown98gt

blown98gt Well-Known Member

i run a snow kit and love it, i'd do a snow kit plus smaller pulley but without an intercooler i personally wouldn't go over 11/12 lbs of boost a lot of people have and a lot of ppl will get on here and say crap but hands down intercooler and a smaller pully and meth injection for safety

14. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

thats what i'll be running. meth, smaller pulley, and intercooler. I'll let everyone know how the car reacts to meth for future buyers!

15. blown98gt

blown98gt Well-Known Member

you'll be really happy with the snow performace if you go with it i mean i love the snow performance kit and it's boost activated which makes it great... on an auto, throwing a smaller pulley and snow performance kit you should see a good 60 hp gain... the snow kit makes it possible to add a lot more timing without detonation but i'd also recommend going one step colder plugs i'm running TR6 with a 2.90 RR 8 rib pulley, 8 rib kit, on a d1sc and snow performance kit boost activated starts at 4 psi and goes till 24 my boost stops there but the spray will keep going. I am highly recommending the Snow Performance kit (stage 2 boost activated) you'll be really happy with the product. You can also setup to pull meth directly out of the WW resovior which i did.. in the end you'll be happy with the snow kit i say go with it :)

16. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

thats the exact kit i was planning on going with....the stage 2 boost cooler kit. I am not going to be changing my pulley any smaller though, considering I already run a 3.12, 6 rib. I think thats about the smallest you can run on a 6 rib. With my blower cams and meth kit I am expecting to be in the 450rwhp range, so any more power and I may be in trouble haha. Happy to hear you are satisfied with the Snow Kit.

sorry to thread jack!

17. MikeF

MikeF Member

what intercooler or you going to put this winter.guess i will put intercooler and meth.I have a little belt slip and am going to leave it untill intercooler and meth.then I will put new belt,DR and maybe some 3.73 to go woith this road-race 5-speed (it was already in car and i dident know untill the 4-10 gears where installed).I only ran 125mph a couple times then belt slip and discharge air temp kick in and mph drop to like118mph.thats all the testing i needed.thanks for the info on this site

18. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

I already run a Paxton front mount intercooler, MPH power pipe, 3.12 pulley, and will be adding the stage 2 meth kit this winter along with a battery relocation kit and a big/skinny setup

19. MikeF

MikeF Member

that should really help your et .big time.thats what i would love to get .fat/skinny,intercooler with meth .I bet you drop a second off your e.tgood luck keep us posted