methanol injection

94 greensaleen

Reaction score
is anyone using methanol injection? what kit do you have? and how well does it work? im wanting to get more power and reliability out of pump gas!

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
what kind of setup are you running? blower/turbo?

I have an AIS trunk mount setup...progressive controller, tri nozzle setup, relocated IAT and LED mounted in my dash. I am going for meth tune this friday and I currently make numbers in my sig. Shooting for 570ish+ on meth

OP
OP

94 greensaleen

Reaction score
that's cool! i can't wait to hear the #'s! i'm really pushing the ability of pump gas...mine made 642hp and 564ft.lbs of torque at the wheels on pump gas. 347 w/14lbs. of boost.i cracked my sportsman block w/girdle and now im almost done putting it back together with a iron eagle dart block.i had an anderson b41 and im changing to a hi-rev b451 this time. i was hoping for maybe around 750hp at the wheels with meth.mr. freeze seems to be the easiest but im thinking about a snow perf. or an aem?i just dont know enough about the kits out there 4 sale.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a snow performance system I like it it's hidden in the front bumper. The car picked up 77rwhp and about 54ft lbs I think with the extra timing added. There actually I very simple install. The only reason I ended up buying it was a friend bought it for his N/A setup and well that was useless. So I scored it for a good deal

Four Point Six

Reaction score
what kind of setup are you running? blower/turbo?

I have an AIS trunk mount setup...progressive controller, tri nozzle setup, relocated IAT and LED mounted in my dash. I am going for meth tune this friday and I currently make numbers in my sig. Shooting for 570ish+ on meth

How did the new tune turn out?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Still havent sprayed meth yet. Have to do a triple disc converter first as the power is just blowing thru my single disc. Than we'll spray the meth. I'll keep ya's updated

snoball

Reaction score
My buddy bought the basic trunk mounted aem meth system. Works good, on a super safe tune (hardly any timing and left it a tad rich), no intercooler, it made 383hp and 390tq today on 93octane.

Has a s trim, longtubes,tb and plenum and meth on an 02 gt.

SlvrR

Reaction score
My vote is skip the meth kits and go E85. Way more power, better on motor, more power/torque. Most importantly its cheap! You never have to worry about how corossive meth is and how often the fail safe fail.

Four Point Six

Reaction score
First I realize this is an old thread, but since some time has passed how is everyone liking their meth kits.

Four Point Six

Reaction score
That's what I expected to hear. So you have the AIS trunk mount setup with progressive controller, tri nozzle setup, relocated IAT and LED mounted in my dash. You also have a Vortech supercharger right? Where are you spraying into? Before or after the supercharger? Picture maybe?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
That's what I expected to hear. So you have the AIS trunk mount setup with progressive controller, tri nozzle setup, relocated IAT and LED mounted in my dash. You also have a Vortech supercharger right? Where are you spraying into? Before or after the supercharger? Picture maybe?

Yep, exactly. I'm spraying one nozzle pre blower and two pre throttle body. There is another thread going where I just posted some pics to:

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?65424-show-me-your-meth-bottle-please

Four Point Six

Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks for the information.

My car has been in storage for 5 years and now I'm having to relearn everything that I have researched heavily in the past. And as it turns out quite a bit changes in 5 years.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks for the information.

My car has been in storage for 5 years and now I'm having to relearn everything that I have researched heavily in the past. And as it turns out quite a bit changes in 5 years.

You're not kidding man. Things people swore wouldnt work or wasn't worth modding now is lol

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Methanol is the shiz these days. All the cool kids have it.

I've been running it for several years now. Lots of people called me crazy and said it couldn't work back when I first did it. Now, most of those same people are running it.

The key thing to remember is to not alter the tune in a way that won't be safe if the meth system fails. In other words, DO NOT lean out the AFR with the meth, and only add timing in via cooler air charge temps seen on the IAT sensor. Do it correctly that way, and it really is fail safe. Been doing it very successfully for years now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devin72

Members online