MidPipes

95stangman

Reaction score
ok I know that there is a lot of threads out there like this one but i could never find one that was close to mine. Im woundering which mid pipe is the loudest. I have a 95 GT with 1 chamber flowmasters, stock headers, and 4.10 gear in it. so which mid pipe would be the loudest with this set up. by the way i was looking to put an off road mid pipe on my car.

russ8825

Reaction score
Wrong section, use the 94-95 forum its dedicated to these types of questions for 5.0s. Anyway what mid pipe are you using now? and does the state you live in require emissions ?

OP
OP

95stangman

Reaction score
yes i know now i posted the thread also in the garage forum. right now i have the stock mid pipe and i don't have to worry about emissions.

russ8825

Reaction score
I'm running a dynomax offroad x pipe with no cats, shortie headers and stock mufflers and I like the sound.

russ8825

Reaction score
To quote someone else on another forum:
Offroad X Pipe--- Flows better, can get a higher HP than with an H, is quiet at idle and loud at WOT
Offroad H Pipe--- A bit more Torque from the back pressure, Deep idle and Cops may bug ya about it.
My X pipe is still pretty loud at idle and has real throaty sound WOT.

OP
OP

95stangman

Reaction score
ok thank you russ. i just think it is better to be heard before seen.

OP
OP

95stangman

Reaction score
i think im going to go with the h pipe cuase i want louder all the time and not just at W.O.T.