missfire.. new engine? ugh

danielson631

Reaction score
so i finally got the cobra back. they installed the new engine, new clutch and replaced the wires and plugs(they said one of the plugs was faulty that came from FORD). when the spark plug blew out on the old engine it damaged the plastic piece that goes down the hole (not sure exactly what thats called). they also put in new o2s. the MIL elims were finally working and the CEL was off. the ABS light was on though they said the sensor was bad before or something idk but im not worried about that right now.

i drove it home and i must say it felt very smooth, except for my sloppy stock shifter. i drove it for about 30 miles or so, very smooth and casual never took it about 3k rpms. turned it on and off about 4times and the check engine light never came on until the next time i started the CEL was on and when i drive it i could feel a misfire. tomorrow the shop will not be open so ill have to wait until monday to take it there. im clueless to why this is happening, does anyone have any ideas? until i can take it back on monday is it not good to be driving while its missing??? will it do any harm, keeping in mind this is a new engine. thanks

tomorrow ill go take a ride to autozone and use their code reader.

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
today i disconnected the battery for a while to reset the ecu. i turned it back on after a while the CEL was off but it was still missing. i drove it about ten miles and went back home. turned it on and off a few times and the cel remained off. i washed the car and took it for a spin to help dry ( so the damn water beads dont freeze lol). it was running like new again it really boggles my mind. i checked the injectors and they are all ticking, the plugs and wires are new. the only thing i can think of is a bad coil pack or ive heard maybe gummed up fuel lines and or injectors. i will get to the bottom of it tomorrow but i was just seeing if anyone had any input

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online

No members online now.