Missing issue only when I get on it.

irishkael

Reaction score
Ok so i was on my home yesterday and I went to get on it and the car just starts spitting and spuddering like crazy. I left off and ease back into it and it's fine. It only seems to do it real bad if I put a load on the engine. When it's idles sometimes it misses and other times it's fine. No check engine lights for anything other than the o2 sensor that I already knew needed changed. Plugs were changed right before I got the car. I changed the coil packs. Could this be a plug wire issue or could this be something else?

07GtS197

Reaction score
It sounds to me like maf but it could also be from that o2 sensor being slow to compensate for the added air when stepping on it suddenly. Either way clean the maf while youre replacing the o2 sensor since its never been done.

OP
OP
I

irishkael

Reaction score
So I cleaned the maf today and still doing the same thing. But I have noticed that it seems to be above 2500 rpms and above half throttle. But it doesn't do it when I'm at a stop and rev it up. I've been told to that it could be the fuel pump and filter. Could the pump going out cause it to only miss when it's needing fuel?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Good deal! Youre narrowing down potential problems! Do the fuel filter next. If you notice the filter and its all rusty decrepit. ....most likely its the problem. Probably never been changed. Keep us tuned in!!!

By chance do you have any pictures of the car? Post them up man. We all love mustangs, good or bad!

OP
OP
I

irishkael

Reaction score
I posted it when I did my intro but here it is again. I have a bunch more but I'm not gonna crowd up the thread on missing with random pics. lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I remember now. Sweet ride! My buddy has a purple. Calls himself plumod96

OP
OP
I

irishkael

Reaction score
So I changed the plugs with fresh plugs and got that old fuel filter out and sure enough the missing stopped. I'm almost certain that it was the fuel filter. Gas was rust colored when I dumped it. Thanks guys. Now on to my pi intake swap.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The pi intake swap should be a 2day process. Its the rtv setup dry time that makes it 2days.

OP
OP
I

irishkael

Reaction score
i read that. i saw where you can put it all together but no put coolant back in until it sets up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online