Most of the big things. Missing a few little things

Noto

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a 95 GT 5 speed. The motor has GT40 heads/upper/lower intake, B303 cam. 70mm throttle body, longtubes to flowmasters, EGR delete, Trickflow cai, and underdrive pullies. But due to the guy selling a few things to his friend. The car has a stock maf, ecu, and stock injectors. What maf, ecu, and injectors should I go with? Also, what kind of whp increase will I see from adding these mods? What would you say its putting down now? I know this is just another hp question but I used the search and couldn't find much pertaining to it. Thanks in advance!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome to the madness.
The injectors need to be upgraded to at least 24's.
After that take it to a tuner to make sure everything is working together as is should. You'll be leaving lots on the table without the tune and possibly hurting the motor by leaving the stock injectors in there.

OP
OP
N

Noto

Reaction score
welcome to the madness.
The injectors need to be upgraded to at least 24's.
After that take it to a tuner to make sure everything is working together as is should. You'll be leaving lots on the table without the tune and possibly hurting the motor by leaving the stock injectors in there.

Thanks for the welcome! I was afraid that the car might be leaning out. Will the stock maf be sufficient?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
the GT and Cobra use the same MAF except the cobra's computer is calibrated to accept the info.
If you get it tuned on a dyno then they can work with the stock MAF. If you chose not to get a tune then you'll need a Maf calibrated for the 24 lb injectors. And you're still going to need a tune to get the most out of the combo.
I would suggest calling the tuner first and let them know your combo and they'll let you know your options.

OP
OP
N

Noto

Reaction score
is there any way to get rid of the cel from a egr delete? When you first start the car the cel is off and idles spiratically then it clears up and cel comes on. The guy says its trying to find the egr? Could that be the case and how do I fix that?

OP
OP
N

Noto

Reaction score
How much will I gain with the tune? Or should I just save for 4:10's?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
definately get it tuned!!! for the safety of the motor. Don't waste your time getting a mail order chip.

OP
OP
N

Noto

Reaction score
Will this get me more power or just cut out the cel problem? I heard that the most I can get from a tune is a timing advance and I can do that without the tune. If that isn't the case do you have any suggestions on a budget friendly tuner??

DavidBoren

Reaction score
A dyno tune will make sure that your timing tables and air/fuel ratio is optimized for whatever engine set-up you are running. It ties all the pieces together so that they compliment each other and work together in the best possible way. A dyno tune will also be able to turn off any unwanted systems to get rid of CEL's. The reason you need a dyno tune right now is your mods are going to outrun your stock (19#) injectors. To install the properly sized injectors, you will either need a pre-matched MAF or a dyno tune, and the money would be best spent on the tune.

OP
OP
N

Noto

Reaction score
A dyno tune will make sure that your timing tables and air/fuel ratio is optimized for whatever engine set-up you are running. It ties all the pieces together so that they compliment each other and work together in the best possible way. A dyno tune will also be able to turn off any unwanted systems to get rid of CEL's. The reason you need a dyno tune right now is your mods are going to outrun your stock (19#) injectors. To install the properly sized injectors, you will either need a pre-matched MAF or a dyno tune, and the money would be best spent on the tune.

The guy has a set of 42lb injectors and a matching maf for them. He also has a tuner but he was going to sell it to a friend. Would that injector setup work or be too much fuel?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
42's are to big for your set up.
What kind of tuner. most won't work with 94-95 OBD1 computers. THE OBD2 PORT UNDER YOUR DASH DOESN'T WORK ON 94-95GT's

OP
OP
N

Noto

Reaction score
42's are to big for your set up.
What kind of tuner. most won't work with 94-95 OBD1 computers. THE OBD2 PORT UNDER YOUR DASH DOESN'T WORK ON 94-95GT's

Its a bama tuner for this car. Car had a kenne bell and he took it off to sell. Those parts are left over from the initial build. He had the charger on their for 4 mo.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
set up an appointment and the shop does the rest.
Make sure you tell them to turn off the EGR light but I'm sure the shop would know to do that.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Your best bet is to call a performance shop that can dyno tune your car, and talk to them. You will want to throw in some 24# injectors just to guarantee you have enough fuel. The GT40 heads and intake are giving you a lot more air, so it makes sense that you need more fuel. But the 42# injectors are too much without a blower.

OP
OP
N

Noto

Reaction score
Your best bet is to call a performance shop that can dyno tune your car, and talk to them. You will want to throw in some 24# injectors just to guarantee you have enough fuel. The GT40 heads and intake are giving you a lot more air, so it makes sense that you need more fuel. But the 42# injectors are too much without a blower.

Will I get more power out of this or just piece of mind? It seems good but pricey and I have to take the car two hours away to have it done. Will it be worth it or should could I just use the resistor trick to stop the cel for the time being and hold off on the injectors till I do more mods?

RichV

Reaction score
I run 19# injector with all your mods except I have a E303. The B is more aggressive IIRC.

My setup made 272 at the wheels with 14* of timing. It's on a road race car so it runs full throttle most its life. No lean issues, but 24s would be ideal so you don't max the injector. I don't run any tunes, CEL because race car. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online