Mufflers only?

MatteoLC

Reaction score
So I just bought a 97 Cobra convertible - and I'd like a little more volume/rumble than my stock setup. I don't want the expense of a $500 or more (plus installation) cat-back system, and was wondering if I could just replace the mufflers with Pypes/Flowmasters/etc?

There's not one video I've found on Youtube of someone replacing ONLY the mufflers. Has anyone done just the mufflers on their ride? And what gives a slightly louder than stock sound?

rio_snek

Reaction score
You can buy just mufflers and get them welded in where the factory ones are. Just make sure to get mufflers with 2.25" diameter inlet and outlets.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
another option is for some electronic cut outs. Keeps it nice and quiet when you want to and then instant attitude at the push of a button. I love my loud button.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
another option is for some electronic cut outs. Keeps it nice and quiet when you want to and then instant attitude at the push of a button. I love my loud button.

Yeah but open exhaust with stock cams, cats and resonators just sounds awful.

IMO, of course.

gopanoz

Reaction score
I installed Borla mufflers on my 94 GT. Left all the stock cat back in place. Shop charged me $150 to install using custom made sizing couplers and weld it in. 15 years later still looks great.

NEURON

Reaction score
No problem and saved a bunch. Got the mufflers on sale at Amazon for cheap, just the ones I wanted, if I can't see through them........

IMG_1854 - Copy.JPGIMG_1930 - Copy.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt