My Flowmaster/ American Muscle Experience

tinnocker

Reaction score
I currently have a Borla Catback exhaust on my 94gt, but as I posted on another thread, it is too loud for my taste. I ordered a Flowmaster Force II cat back from Autohance the first week of February because they had the best price. It was on back order from every dealer that I checked on. I got a couple of emails from Autohance that it was still on backorder. So a week ago I saw that American Muscle were advertising that it was back in stock, so I cancelled Autohance and ordered from American Muscle at a higher price, but at least they had them in stock. I receive a confirmation email that I had ordered from A.M. , but never receive any shipping info. Last night I texted them from their website and they said it would be toward the end of June before they were shipped from the factory. I questioned them about their ad saying that it was in stock and would be shipped in 3-6 days. She said it was in stock from Flowmaster's warehouse. I told her that it wasn't in stock or they would ship it. I looked this morning and their ad still says in stock and will be shipped in 3-6 days. So I will cancel this order and never order from American Muscle again. You can go to their website and see the false advertising about the Flowmaster Force II unless they have changed it in the last couple of hours. Just a warning about American Muscle.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Yup I know the feeling
Am never has the parts
but
There always stalked And have the part

I have reached out to them
I'm trying to get along with them
But they dam sure do know how to fuck up a wet dream

joemomma

Reaction score
Yeah, AM has really gone to shit. I don't order anything from them any more.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I bought some parts from them
And they did not have it in stock
The part came from another store , and was the wrong part
Then I had to wait for another one
Then the employee tells me it's been shipped still waiting
For another week goes by
I had to cancel
But its my fault I guess because orderd somthing that they never had to begin with

07GtS197

Reaction score
I used to use AM exclusively about 10 years ago when it was a good company. Back then, they had a decent forum discount and the reps were active on a lot of the forums. They pulled out of the forums, customer service tanked and had a lot of problems with parts. I think the reason is because they got huge overnight. They don’t stock parts at their warehouse, which I think is pretty typical, but they do have issues with shipping from their vendors from what I’ve seen. I ordered tail lights, sequential harnesses and a hood scoop from them recently. It went ok but they screwed up the tracking numbers so it came in three boxes that were mislabeled. One came a few days after the other two even though it said everything was delivered.

I usually only order from LMR or CJ now because of price and great customer service. LMR needs to carry more products though.

J_lope82

Reaction score
I’ve had bad luck with AM and CJ. I’ve had good luck with LMR. Their service is outstanding. That’s just my experience.
With that being said two things:

1.)Nowadays a lot a lot of parts are in back order not just with them. If you buy somewhere else don’t be surprised if the same thing happens.
2.) I wouldn’t buy flowmaster. There are better systems out there.

94StewFord

Reaction score
I currently have a Borla Catback exhaust on my 94gt, but as I posted on another thread, it is too loud for my taste. I ordered a Flowmaster Force II cat back from Autohance the first week of February because they had the best price. It was on back order from every dealer that I checked on. I got a couple of emails from Autohance that it was still on backorder. So a week ago I saw that American Muscle were advertising that it was back in stock, so I cancelled Autohance and ordered from American Muscle at a higher price, but at least they had them in stock. I receive a confirmation email that I had ordered from A.M. , but never receive any shipping info. Last night I texted them from their website and they said it would be toward the end of June before they were shipped from the factory. I questioned them about their ad saying that it was in stock and would be shipped in 3-6 days. She said it was in stock from Flowmaster's warehouse. I told her that it wasn't in stock or they would ship it. I looked this morning and their ad still says in stock and will be shipped in 3-6 days. So I will cancel this order and never order from American Muscle again. You can go to their website and see the false advertising about the Flowmaster Force II unless they have changed it in the last couple of hours. Just a warning about American Muscle.
If Borla was too loud for you, what makes you think that Flowmaster will be any better? I haven't experienced any Flowmaster products that didn't cause headache's while driving and they all have that distinctive reverb and back pressure to different degrees..........

badass98svt

Reaction score
Yup, Flowmaster is about as obnoxious as you can get as far as interior exhaust noises go. I've had many exhausts in many mustangs, and Flows (pretty much any chambered mufflers) are a no-go for me.
Currently running Dynomax Ultra Flo in a custom exhaust (turbo). In this car, with this setup, it sounds amazing. A nice rumble at idle, and a hell of a bark when you get on it. Zero annoying sounds inside the cabin.

94StewFord

Reaction score
Yup, Flowmaster is about as obnoxious as you can get as far as interior exhaust noises go. I've had many exhausts in many mustangs, and Flows (pretty much any chambered mufflers) are a no-go for me.
Currently running Dynomax Ultra Flo in a custom exhaust (turbo). In this car, with this setup, it sounds amazing. A nice rumble at idle, and a hell of a bark when you get on it. Zero annoying sounds inside the cabin.
I have always used Dynomax Super Turbo's, the perfect mix of low rpm rumble and a noise free interior! I currently have a complete 2.5" system from the X-pipe to the mid-pipes, to super turbo's to the tail-pipes that I have to install. Can't wait to hear it in the car..........

waynenorcross

Reaction score
Flowmasters dyno'd with less HP and torque versus just about every other brand. And I have never heard a quiet Flowmaster system. I had a Magnaflow cat back on my '94 Cobra. Loved it with the Bassani x-pipe with high flow cats. No drone. Not loud unless WOT. Call Magnaflow and ask for John. He shipped might right away at a good price. And Magnaflow is all stainless steel. Not just the mufflers.

Snorky

Reaction score
Flowmaster with a prochamber is a great combo for minimal volume and rasp. Would highly recommend that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99