my friends 97 cobra

rottenpunx

Reaction score
heres some pics

PIC-0600.jpg

PIC-0599.jpg

PIC-0598.jpg

it was in an accident thats why it has body damage on one side and an unmatched wheel.

anyway, the car is stock and he wants to know of some bolt ons he could get for it. let me know and ill show him the list. thanks.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Does it have any maintenance issues? That's the first order of business with any car.
Once the maintenance is taken care of then mod it.

Gears!-4.30's
Mid Pipe- O/R H or O/R X
Suspension-springs, C/C plates, shocks/struts

OP
OP
R

rottenpunx

Reaction score
no the car runs fine. he doesnt care about the cosmetic issues, he wants it to be faster. ive beaten him 3 times in drag races so he is a little bummed out cuz i have a gt. he wants to make it faster. i told him if he gets gears he will destroy me. we raced with me in his car and him in mine and my gt still won, the gears are killing it. anyway. any more ideas?

OP
OP
R

rottenpunx

Reaction score
he is a mechanic so he can put everything in himself, hes looking to spend around 1,000 dollars. maybe a little more. and its a daily driver so it needs to be street legal.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
rottenpunx said:
he is a mechanic so he can put everything in himself, hes looking to spend around 1,000 dollars. maybe a little more. and its a daily driver so it needs to be street legal.

$1000 won't do much. Gears will take up most of that. Then he should have enough for a midpipe and maybe an intake.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
rottenpunx said:

$1000 won't do much. Gears will take up most of that.

:dunno: Gears/full exhaust (long tubes)/sticky tires can ALL be had for under a grand looking for deals and if he does labor himself since he's a mech.

pCaKes

Reaction score
4.30 Gears = $250 max unless you're an idiot
Catback = $500 (average)
Catted X/H Pipe = $250 (average)

Thats $1000 right there spending his money without concern, if he buys deals he could even afford some Flowtech Longtubes, or I actually have some ford racing shorty headers ill sell for $100 if he wants them.... those mods will wake that car up big time

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Red said:
AaRoN said:
rottenpunx said:

$1000 won't do much. Gears will take up most of that.

:dunno: Gears/full exhaust (long tubes)/sticky tires can ALL be had for under a grand looking for deals and if he does labor himself since he's a mech.

Yup. Since he's a mech, he'll save himself ALOT of cash installing these parts himself.

FuriousD

Reaction score
you gotta put new pics of the cobra up when he gets the terminator wheels

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001