my future combo. 265rwhp

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by caballosalvaje331, Jun 3, 2007.

1. caballosalvaje331

caballosalvaje331 New Member

hello fellow mustangers. I have a 1995 mustang gt. auto. I bought gt40p heads with 1.90 and 1.60 valves. gt40 turbular intake manifold. mac header for the gtp heads and bassani catted x pipe install [sounds great with flowmasters] edelbrock 70mm thorttley with adapter, 24lb injectors. things I need are cam, mass air meter, for the 24lb injectors, and the heads drilled for smog my question is what cam works best for the sn95 mustangs with out tuning? I was looking at trick flow stage 1 cam or ford e cam. also piston to valve is a concern with the larger valves would I be fine if i used 1.6 rockers with trick flow cam? i'm using stock bottom end? does anyone know a place were they can drilled the heads here in norcal? i'm having problems finding a shop that will do that. will the gt40 turbular intake bolt on with out modifications except the elbow? does it fit on the stock hood? and last thing what kinda horse power will i see? i'm hoping at least 265. i forgot the gt40 intake is port matched to felpro 1250 gasket i know the p heads are very close to this gasket.

2. Win

Win Legend

Well first things first what are your plans with your car???????

3. caballosalvaje331

well is going to be dialy driven car. maybe take to the track once in a while. I know i need better gears. i'm thinking 3.73

4. el docum

el docum Active Member

Look like a good project, whit 265 rwhp your GT will get a new attitude.

Did you already change your exhaust ?

5. caballosalvaje331

I have the bassani x pipe install, still waiting on the headers, and I still have the stock tail pipes. I new to upgrade to 2.5 piping for the flowmasters
    to the tail pipes. thought I did feel a diference with bassani catted x pipe car pull harder around 3000 rpms

6. Magic

Magic Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, you should able to have enough piston to valve clearance with those valves and an E-cam with a 1.6 rocker....if you go with 1.7, then you WILL need to fly-cut (notch) the piston valve reliefs....

7. caballosalvaje331

I think I will be fine with the trick flow cam. .499 lift and .510 I read an article on a book I think
    mustang on a budget the were using edeldrock 1.9 by 1.6 valves and I believe it was a crane
    cam with a .510 lift on a stock 1994 mustang shortblock.. they stated they would have pleanty of
    clearence. I still I will double check. to be on the safe side. 8) :( 8)