My Successful Terminator swap!!

dutch

Reaction score
If you're someone who enjoys launching, burning out, or generally drive aggresive; strongly recommend upgrading some things in the IRS like diff bushings and diff brace. If you're not very aggressive and the IRS still feels solid enough, save it for later :)

blkmcnasty

Reaction score
You are the envy of us all now my friend! Best upgrade I can think of.......that being said, can you throw some numbers at us? Like how much you got for your 97? And maybe share how much a low mileage terminator like that cost you?

OP
OP
JiMi_DRiX

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
I'll try to get some kind of video with the exhaust sometime. The Bassani X is catted, but it sounds amazing. I dont plan on too much hard driving, but throughout time I will probably do little suspension upgrades here and there. The car rides great though, much better compared to my last car. Bumps arent anywhere near as harsh.

I'll share some numbers, sure. I had my 97 listed for $8500. Keep in mind that had 40,500 miles, looked amazing and showed it in every detail. Plus I had the added staggered 18" wheels/tires, Eibach suspension, and 03 Cobra seats. I sold it to a co-worked for $8k, and kept my custom sub box/amp. But then check this out... the next day I go up to Scottsdale to check out cars at Barrett Jackson. I find this black 94 Cobra there. It had roughly 40k miles if I remember, was in beautiful condition, and had the ultra rare, removable hard top. It sold for.... $10k. So selling my 97GT for $8k was just fine!

I made a deal with the owner of the Cobra for $19.5k. Including the exhaust which I'm sure is over a grand, and the Diablo tuner. Im happy with the car, it has a couple minor cosmetic things, but they are nothing I cant take care of or just live with. I'll eventually get some pics with my old 97 since a coworker now owns it.

OP
OP
JiMi_DRiX

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous...I vote black roof and 99/01 amber tails :)

That sounds cool, but the sequential lights dont work with the 99/01 amber lights. The black roof looks great on your car, but I think the stance and wheels really help with the entire look, and I dont plan on changing that any time soon! I'll definitely keep it in mind though for a future idea.

OP
OP
JiMi_DRiX

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
looks great. you should think about 18" chrome stockers.

Those would look very nice! The wheels on the car now are all mint, and the tires are all very new, so again, its another thing that'll have to wait a while if it ever happens, lol.

OP
OP
JiMi_DRiX

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Im going to need a new signature... and preferably one that doesnt suck! Who's good at take a few pics and putting them together into a neat little sig?

Nacho98

Reaction score
Nice! I too am on the jealous list...interior shots?

OP
OP
JiMi_DRiX

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Nice! I too am on the jealous list...interior shots?

I havent done anything with the interior yet, but it too is super clean. I just need to do a light clean job on the front two seats, and put some leather conditioner on them all. I have a nice set of black floor mats for it, I want to do the stereo, and I would love to find a nice oem Mach 1 dash and shifter bezel. I'm keeping my eye out for one.

IMG_0478-1.jpg

OP
OP
JiMi_DRiX

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
and by the way, I have quite a few nice parts left over from my 97 that I will have up for sale soon. There is a specific someone who I regrettably have not stayed in touch with on the oem corner headlight lenses, but if he's reading any of this, I will make sure to hit him up soon too, he knows who he is! I've been super busy between work, my band, getting this car deal done, and the other responsibilities of getting old... lol.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Good man! You've done the right thing! And nothing beats white! SVTperformance is all you need, trust me!

+1

SVTP is a great site. Very knowledgeable people on their. Also in Tuscon you might want to meet up with the 3 termi guys that I know of in Tuscon. Two screaming yellows and a torch red one that come up here to the valley for car shows and races. Pretty cool dudes.

Glad you got your dream car! I saw that car on craigslist too. What city was it located in again? I can't remember. Thought it was either Tuscon or Sun Lakesor something like that. Was it an older man? Because if he's the guy from Sun Lakes. That car sounds so sweet!

OP
OP
JiMi_DRiX

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
+1

SVTP is a great site. Very knowledgeable people on their. Also in Tuscon you might want to meet up with the 3 termi guys that I know of in Tuscon. Two screaming yellows and a torch red one that come up here to the valley for car shows and races. Pretty cool dudes.

Glad you got your dream car! I saw that car on craigslist too. What city was it located in again? I can't remember. Thought it was either Tuscon or Sun Lakesor something like that. Was it an older man? Because if he's the guy from Sun Lakes. That car sounds so sweet!

I just registered there!

Thanks, I'm pretty excited! It was local here in Tucson actually. I had browsed through both here and Phoenix. There were a few at the time, some were stock but not in great shape, some were in amazing shape but modded like crazy, and one even had a seized engine! lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online