My Turbo '95

OP
OP
B

bkstang95

Reaction score
Jakevo20 said:
Car looks awesome man. Not sure if you said it, but did you build your own hotside? I have the ebay twin kit on my 91 fox, and so far its a pretty neat kit. But im building a 347 boss block stroker motor for it. I have everything but trying to decide what size turbo and kit I want to run with it. Ive watched your vids a million times of your car back when it was the red and silver. Badass for sure!

Thanks man! No, I used a PTK hot side. If you are running more of a street car I would start with something in the 70-76mm range. It won't leave you with too much lag and will be a fun street car.

As far as the wyld fantasies, that was a buddy of mine that would always dick around with videos hahahaha man, that has to be almost 6-7 years ago it seems! Damn...I'm getting old! :lol:

Main reason for ditching the Saleen parts to be honest was it seemed kind of flimsey at the track (yes it was real Saleen parts). It definitely would have looked better...just have refined my taste in cars since I've gotten a little older hahaha

Thanks for the comments guys!

Jakevo20

Reaction score
bkstang95 said:
Thanks man! No, I used a PTK hot side. If you are running more of a street car I would start with something in the 70-76mm range. It won't leave you with too much lag and will be a fun street car.

As far as the wyld fantasies, that was a buddy of mine that would always d*ck around with videos hahahaha man, that has to be almost 6-7 years ago it seems! Damn...I'm getting old! :lol:

Main reason for ditching the Saleen parts to be honest was it seemed kind of flimsey at the track (yes it was real Saleen parts). It definitely would have looked better...just have refined my taste in cars since I've gotten a little older hahaha

Thanks for the comments guys!

No the fox isnt my street car so I can go as crazy as i want with the setup lol. It is streetable, and im sure ill have my fun there, but mainly looking for a fast race car. I really like how clean your kit looks. Im defiantly going to look into the PTK kits. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
B

bkstang95

Reaction score
Jakevo20 said:
No the fox isnt my street car so I can go as crazy as i want with the setup lol. It is streetable, and im sure ill have my fun there, but mainly looking for a fast race car. I really like how clean your kit looks. Im defiantly going to look into the PTK kits. Thanks for the info!

Actually, now that I think of it, the only thing I haven't changed that was PTK is the headers and the crossover pipe...the rest we redid to work with the 88mm...Also, I'm not sure, but I am thinking PTK isn't around anymore..I could be wrong...

But, in that case don't go lower than a 76! lol Make sure you have a big enough fuel system and a built transmission. Turn up the boost and have fun! haha

Jakevo20

Reaction score
bkstang95 said:
Actually, now that I think of it, the only thing I haven't changed that was PTK is the headers and the crossover pipe...the rest we redid to work with the 88mm...Also, I'm not sure, but I am thinking PTK isn't around anymore..I could be wrong...

But, in that case don't go lower than a 76! lol Make sure you have a big enough fuel system and a built transmission. Turn up the boost and have fun! haha

Yea Im pretty sure PTK is gone lol, always could find a used one. But im starting to lean towards just building my own hotside. I know a couple buddys that have done it, and it doesnt seem all that hard. It will be a year or so before I build the boss block so i have time to look. As for the fuel system, as of now I have a MSD EFI fuel pump, and a A1000 boost reference regulator with a CSU 750 blow through carb. The trans is what im looking into getting next. The car currently has a built Toploader 4-speed, I know not common lol. It does the job now, since im only pushing around 450 most likely. But no way its going to handle what I throw at it next.

As for the turbo, leaning towards what you have, the 88 mm.

OP
OP
B

bkstang95

Reaction score
Just a little update...

Got my shitbox fired up for the first time since the wreck... Couldn't beleive it, once I got the battery recharged, it fired right up! lol Now it's back to the body shop to get the rest of the parts put back on...

***Oh, and ignore dumb friends in background! lol***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbyyuso8Bxw

Jakevo20

Reaction score
Congrats man, sounds good. Cant wait to see some street pulls with the car.

OP
OP
B

bkstang95

Reaction score
Hahaha Yeah, I can't wait to get back in the seat and let it eat!

Unfortunately, by the time I get it back from the body shop and finish the rear end/suspension, it will most likely have to wait until the spring due to the weather here in Ohio...lame

Jakevo20

Reaction score
bkstang95 said:
Hahaha Yeah, I can't wait to get back in the seat and let it eat!

Unfortunately, by the time I get it back from the body shop and finish the rear end/suspension, it will most likely have to wait until the spring due to the weather here in Ohio...lame

Damn that sucks. I was ready to see it now lol. But understandable, cant be doing a full boost pull on a frozen road lol.

OP
OP
B

bkstang95

Reaction score
Gregor185 said:
ahh ohio...i love that place...what did u do with the old saleen parts??

You love Ohio!? What is wrong with you man! lol

I am actually going to use the sides but still have the rear that is perfect. The front is scuffed but can be fixed...i just wanted to go a different route this time around... You interested in them?! haha

Gregor185

Reaction score
actually i was possibly interested in the rear....yeah i do like ohio. ive visited a couple times with my friend and his gf since shes from there. different from here for me.

OP
OP
B

bkstang95

Reaction score
Once again, it's been a very long time since I've had an update...got the car back together and was able to drive it for the first time in almost 2 years! Made a few change to the fuel system, got a new set of wheels/tires, finished up the cold side and did some work to the cooling system. Still a couple gremlins left (overheating for some reason) before we get it on the dyno for some quick tuning...but it's coming along and will def be out on the streets and at the track this year!

photobucket-6378-1317039502434.jpg

photobucket-4609-1317039425072.jpg

photobucket-4561-1317039131635.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online