Mysteed M112 supercharger

Reaction score
Am sure by now alot of u guys have heard/seen this kits from mysteed for the sixxers. Kit comes complete all u need is a boost gauge and some other part and changing the hood of course lol Cost 3Gz. Makes about 7-8 PSI of boost. Worth it?

N8Legarda

Reaction score
3k? lol sell your car and with that money from car and for SC get a GT

N8Legarda

Reaction score
In all seriousness if you want to keep a 6...find a 4.2 Ford V6 Engine somewhere for cheap, then turbo that

OP
OP
98Nor*CalStang
Reaction score
Gonna buy another mustang nxt year cobra or roush. But this car was given to me so nt gonna sell it. Wanna c what I cn do with it. Funny to c guys mouth dropp after getting whipped b a six

N8Legarda

Reaction score
Looks like you pick your battles ;p But I would look for a turbo..imo sc's for big engines, turbo for smaller. Either way you go fast

OP
OP
98Nor*CalStang
Reaction score
Ahh a lil haha. Just always hearing that old line of "why dnt u put a V8 in it?" I rather work with what I got for free n make a point that V6 engines are good platforms. everything on it is original. 98 with 105K. Was looking at the turbos but jeez for 4gz kinda high haha. And the m112 kit is 3gz shipped

N8Legarda

Reaction score
Well, you can do all of the major bolt ons first and do some of the basic mods first. you will feel a power difference with the major bolt ons.. Then when your in a situation for a turbo, go for it :thumbsup:

N8Legarda

Reaction score
When i joined the forum i had a 98 sixer..here are some words from atlanticblue

"4.2 V6's from f-150's can be had for close to nothing from a junkyard, that and a turbo, and you'll pull most GT's out there ;)"

"the 4.2 is the same as the 3.8 from 99-04, but stroked to 4.2 and i believe the crank maybe stronger. you wouldnt have to rewire your car, it would just drop in utilizing the same sensors that you have. the 4.2 will just plug in

here is some more info on what is needed: http://3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92629

94-98 mustang v6 have singleport heads
99-04 mustang v6 have splitport heads
4.2l f-150 have splitport just like the 99-04 mustang

alot of 94-98 owners swap the heads from the 99-04 v6. doing the 4.2 will kill two birds with one stone"

OP
OP
98Nor*CalStang
Reaction score
Right on thanks for that info. So pretty much put in a f-150 crank n swap the heads from a 99-04 in once shot?

N8Legarda

Reaction score
The F-150 engine has dual ports/split ports like the 99-04 V6's. So you will be doing the head swap, and getting a bigger 4.2 engine

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
for nathans kit you would have to do a head swap to the 99+ kits. It's also non intercooled. an m90 is a cheaper/better option. turbo is the best option.

OP
OP
98Nor*CalStang
Reaction score
Kinda wish didn't get moved to the v6 section reason I put it there to get more answers since not alot of pplz come threw the 6 section

white98stang

Reaction score
Ive never heard of that kit. For n8Legarda, 3k isn't all that bad for a supercharger kit that comes with everything. Port and polish your intake and get that supercharger thrown on there man. Thats what i plan on doing as soon as am i able to get some extra money and another daily driver

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
although nathan's is good for some people (shuddup kevin, i dont want to hear your bitching), it is un-intercooled (meth injection could take car of that though), it is for Splitport heads (wont just bolt up), and wont fit under your stock hood (not sure if thats a big deal for you). now im not knockin' Nate's kit, it's just not for everyone.

for your case, i'd say do a M90 supercoupe swap, along with ported heads and cam (if money permits).
you'd have plenty of power for driving everyday (and make gobs more torque than the M112), they run an intercooler, and get the same supercharger whine as the M112.

OP
OP
98Nor*CalStang
Reaction score
So where can I find or get cams for the v6?? Right now am looking to up the power out the motor and also currently looking for a new clutch and flywheel. Any recommendations?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.