Mysteed M112 supercharger

OP
OP
98Nor*CalStang
Reaction score
I kinda figured that the stock flywheel b fine but since I was down there change it and put a lighter 1 but it's a hefty price for a flywheel on AM. Thanx atlanticblue

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
white98stang said:
atlanticblue98 said:
call Super Six Motorsports and he will create a combo for you based on your goals. and we only have one cam in the V6 ;)

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/
Have you done any stuff with supersix yet?

naw, but i know quite a few other people who have had alot of success.

a member on 3.8mustang made 232rwhp with just a cam (from Supersix), windstar intake, catted x-pipe and flowmaster exhaust.
it was on a splitport by the way.

and Nate (the guy who makes the M112 kit) has Supersix stage 2 heads and cam from them as well.

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
ryan you know i'm right in saying that it needs to be intercooled and the supercharger is way too big for that car. m90/turbo is the way to go.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
cnryYell0gt said:
ryan you know i'm right in saying that it needs to be intercooled and the supercharger is way too big for that car. m90/turbo is the way to go.

i agree, i just didnt want to hear (i guess i would technically read it) a giant paragraph with hate on the m112. some people want it for the "coolness" of having a cobra supercharger on their V6, or seeing the supercharger sticking out of the hood. and people like you (and me i guess) want a better performing car.

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
atlanticblue98 said:
i agree, i just didnt want to hear (i guess i would technically read it) a giant paragraph with hate on the m112. some people want it for the "coolness" of having a cobra supercharger on their V6, or seeing the supercharger sticking out of the hood. and people like you (and me i guess) want a better performing car.

The m112 is a heat box that doesnt produce the numbers that it should due to it being WAY to big for our engines and then not having the cooling capabilities of an m90 or turbo. The m112 also will not fit under any hood besides maybe a 4 inch cowl and even then you have to make modifications to the hood. The adapter plates that are available are of a boxed design of which that i personally dislike since it is a poor flow of air from the superchargers to the runners.

/paragraph

i love m90 setups. they are nice. turbo's are even better. centri's have all the downside of the turbo with none of the upside in my opinion.

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
98Nor*CalStang said:
So would a turbo kit or eaton M90 supercharger b best?

people have made 400+ rwhp with the eaton with torque to blow you away. that takes a lot of time and aftermarket supercharger parts.

turbo's have made 600+ with a lot less than the eatons. but they also dont have instant torque. it's your preferance.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
cnryYell0gt said:
atlanticblue98 said:

The m112 is a heat box that doesnt produce the numbers that it should due to it being WAY to big for our engines and then not having the cooling capabilities of an m90 or turbo. The m112 also will not fit under any hood besides maybe a 4 inch cowl and even then you have to make modifications to the hood. The adapter plates that are available are of a boxed design of which that i personally dislike since it is a poor flow of air from the superchargers to the runners.

/paragraph

i love m90 setups. they are nice. turbo's are even better. centri's have all the downside of the turbo with none of the upside in my opinion.

while i do agree on most of your arguments, im gonna point out a few non-important things:

1. Lilroush has a 2.5" Y2k Cobra R hood slightly cut for the IAT valve
2. Centri's have the same benefit of lag as a turbo for drag racing. no boost down low keeps traction. not a major dealbreaker but can still be seen as an upside for some individuals.

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
i believe nothing i read of lilroush. mostly because in his old threads when he was supposedly "making" the adapter he let any questions that got too detailed die. mostly because i believe he didnt make the first one.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
cnryYell0gt said:
i believe nothing i read of lilroush. mostly because in his old threads when he was supposedly "making" the adapter he let any questions that got too detailed die. mostly because i believe he didnt make the first one.

he has a a Cobra R hood and a M112, pics were posted.

another member had a 99-04 hood with GT hood scoop and the M112. the hood was cut underneath the scoop and the pulley was visible but obviously wouldnt have needed a 4" cowl to fully cover it

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
atlanticblue98 said:
cnryYell0gt said:

another member had a 99-04 hood with GT hood scoop and the M112. the hood was cut underneath the scoop and the pulley was visible but obviously wouldnt have needed a 4" cowl to fully cover it

they modified the lower by machining it down. they also probably have a lowered kmember. by machining the lower they made it even more erratic and inefficient.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
cnryYell0gt said:
atlanticblue98 said:
cnryYell0gt said:

they modified the lower by machining it down. they also probably have a lowered kmember. by machining the lower they made it even more erratic and inefficient.

i didnt say it was made better, i said it fit ;)

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
atlanticblue98 said:
cnryYell0gt said:
atlanticblue98 said:
cnryYell0gt said:

i didnt say it was made better, i said it fit ;)

you can make anything fit with a hammer.

OP
OP
98Nor*CalStang
Reaction score
Well I want that sleeper look I rather not have to change my hood n all that. The e90 is pretty much a streight bolt on isn't it?

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
98Nor*CalStang said:
Well I want that sleeper look I rather not have to change my hood n all that. The e90 is pretty much a streight bolt on isn't it?

not even close... nothing is really a straight bolt on. you have to change all the front accessories. then you need a different throttle body and cable. or modify your stock ones.

OP
OP
98Nor*CalStang
Reaction score
I had read somewhere that the eaton m90 supercharger comes off the thurnderbird same engine as the v6 mustang isn't it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online