need a little help

StangerBanger

Reaction score
i finally got the engine back in my car last weekend, and now i have run into a few little parts that i cant quite remember where they go lol. i took the engine out in September and didnt take many pics. there are two brackets that hold the wire/ground harness in place, which runs behind the balancer at the bottom of the timing cover

where do these mount to? and also, what goes behind the timing pointer?

could not find any pics showing me exactly what im looking for, and the chilton manual doesnt help either haha. thanks guys

ranger56528

Reaction score
One of the brackets goes by the right front corner of the oil pan and supports a wire harness and two metal transmission lines if you have a auto other then that it holds a wire harness about a inch round in size,there should be a stud that the bolt goes on unless you removed it.
i had to remove mine to punch a hole in my oil pan for my oil return on the turbo,just had it in my hand the other day,it looked like the longer one I believe.

ranger56528

Reaction score
Now that I looked again it was the shorter one and the hooked part held the wire and was up against the oil pan,the rubber area was against the pan as to help lock it against the pan so harness could not move and my trans lines were placed above the harnes,the kink in the bracket helped keep the lines separate so they could not rub.

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
So you think the shorter one bolts up to a stud on the oil pan? Makes sense to me. Ill look around and see if I still have a stud. I probably do

ranger56528

Reaction score
The stud is next to the oil pan on the block,about straight back from your pointer finger in the pic where you are holding the timing marker.it is separate from the pan,think it's like a 3/8th stud,think I used a 14mm-9/16th socket to remove the nut off the stud.ill see about jacking the front end back up and take a pic when I go out to my garage and heat it up to finish some wires later today then I'll post it for you.

ranger56528

Reaction score
A little cold in the shop but here are 2 pics,I forgot to put the nut back on glad this came up.
bc649b6372524801f8878120de650f4c.jpg
https://vimeo.com/151425454yu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ranger56528

Reaction score
The one with the wire harness didn't turn out but same deal,the harness is right behind the two lines against the oil pan,it's all oily but you can kinda see the harness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online