Need help about check engine codes

ThePope

Reaction score
For the past week I been getting check engine codes. P0420, P0430 and P1000 I did some research and found out what they are and what not. My car currently has a BBK off road H Pipe and flowmaster catback. I also purchased a diablosport predator. I have the car tuned to my likings with the rear o2s shut off. Is there something I can do so these codes don't keep comming on? I tryed looking here and on stangnet but I wasn't able to find anything. If anyone can help, I thank you.

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
scarface said:
what are the codes descriptions?

P1000 OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete.
P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency below Limit - Bank No 1.
P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency below Limit - Bank No 2.

96gt226410

Reaction score
You're not supposed to get those codes if your O2 sensors are turned off. Are you sure they're off?

9psi 98

Reaction score
I'd pick up some MIL Eliminators to make sure that they are actually turned off. They are cheap insurance at $60 or so, they might be all you need. I run a pair myself.

S

scarface

he redid the turn off of the o2 last night... Waiting on an update from him :)

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
Well I think I fixed it. I had something not turned off. Seems to be fine. I drove the car pretty much all day. Thanks for everyones help.

S

scarface

ThePope said:
Well I think I fixed it. I had something not turned off. Seems to be fine. I drove the car pretty much all day. Thanks for everyones help.
O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.