Need help removing steering wheel

NicksGTR

Reaction score
So I wanted to remove my steering wheel on my 01 Bullitt. Got the wheel puller out, tightened the bolts into the pot metal and slowly turned the the center bolt to apply pressure on the torx bolt. Pop! One of the tightening bolts pulled out, stripped the threads. I have tried putting my knees behind wheel, hand on top and hitting the torx bolt with my brass hammer while pulling, this thing is stuck. PB Blaster also applied. I have ordered a drill and tap to try the puller again. Fingers crossed. This car has 30k original miles, go figure.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have had luck getting mine off by just thumping the top of the wheel, then the bottom, then each side and then giving a slight pull.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Two-jaw puller worked for me when I did the same thing one time, stripping one or more of the hub threads on the wheel.

weendoggy

Reaction score

i use a set like this and have it tight if it dose not break lose hit the center bolt with a hammer to shock it breaking lose
some time you must use force
Yep, use something similar and beat the living hell out of it...works every time. Of course, it knows you're going to beat the crap out of it so it breaks loose instead. o_O

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i had one seized on me i had to use a torch to heat it up and thats bad you take a chance on melting and burning contacts and plastic

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
So I wanted to remove my steering wheel on my 01 Bullitt. Got the wheel puller out, tightened the bolts into the pot metal and slowly turned the the center bolt to apply pressure on the torx bolt. Pop! One of the tightening bolts pulled out, stripped the threads. I have tried putting my knees behind wheel, hand on top and hitting the torx bolt with my brass hammer while pulling, this thing is stuck. PB Blaster also applied. I have ordered a drill and tap to try the puller again. Fingers crossed. This car has 30k original miles, go figure.
Did you take the t50 torx out of the center first?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online