Need suggestions asap... please...

Bluextc

Reaction score
Well, the husband just asked what I want for Mother's day. He will pay for the install on the MM lower control arms I have sitting downstairs, or he will buy me a part. I pretty much focus on one part at a time, since I'm still learning, and the next part was going to be a MM panhard bar, but that's more than the $200. he wants to spend. I wanted to wait to install the lca's until I have the panhard bar... so... should I scrap that idea and just get the lca's installed now, or should I shoot for a new part, and if so... suggestions? (I just bought an extra set of taillights to tint, so that's out). Here's what I have so far:

Mods.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
OK so the parts that are in that pic are the ones you DONT HAVE right?

im like you I want to do all of one thing at a time and complete one round of mods to a particular area. This is why I have not done anything to the L yet, I'm going to collect a lot of stuff first.

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
No, the parts in the pic are what I do have. The only thing listed there that's not on the car yet are the lower control arms...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
well hell it looks like you have about all you could get for under 200 bucks ??? ??? let me look again......

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Take his $200 and add the cash to get the panhard bar..............is is an option?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
(((Foster98GT))) said:
Take his $200 and add the cash to get the panhard bar..............is is an option?
Ok thats what I was going to say, since the car has all the cheap mods already. I think this is what I would do, add the cash get the panhard and then get the cash for the install of EVERYTHING.

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
That would be my first choice, but he is going to charge whatever I choose, so it won't work.
Maybe an FR500 steering wheel??? Not sure how hard that would be to install...

*Anything NOT under the car I can install myself, I am just not allowed to use the jack (I might hurt myself, lol)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
blue x said:
That would be my first choice, but he is going to charge whatever I choose, so it won't work.

I think that swap would be pretty in-depth as far as labor....... :dunno:

Foster98GT

Reaction score
blue x said:
Now thats what ive been looking at.....That wheel looooks good!

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
(((Foster98GT))) said:
blue x said:
Now thats what ive been looking at.....That wheel looooks good!

I've heard it feels way better, too...

Foster98GT

Reaction score

ripper

Reaction score
How bout a couple of pulls on the new dyno at Outragous Mustangs? Have you ever had it dyno tuned?

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
No, but I thought it was a GREAT idea, so I went to their site... it's only $125 for 3 pulls, but it's $350 for a dyno tune, and that's over my limit. :(

Thinking maybe a Ford Racing rear-end girdle... or the steering wheel... I'm so confused, I thought I was getting flowers for the garden or nothing, so I'm not prepared!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
taking off the steering wheel is cake, just make sure you unplug the battery and wait 30 minutes before you touch the airbag.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Snakebit said:
taking off the steering wheel is cake, just make sure you unplug the battery and wait 30 minutes before you touch the airbag.

What happens if you don't wait 30 minutes, does your car explode?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
What happens if you don't wait 30 minutes, does your car explode?
worse, the airbag can go off right into your head, and then who knows what could happen next. :noes:

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
Alright, I think I've narrowed it down to 2 ideas (both kind of appearance realated, but kind of functional, too)

1. The FR500 steering wheel

2. Redline goods shift boot/armrest cover combo + new MGW shift knob - my shift boot has a small hole in it and it drives me crazy, and I have a Steeda shift knob that burns the crap out of my hand in the summer and is freezing cold in the winter:
http://www.redlinegoods.com/order.shtm?product=Mustang9400sharm
http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_race_knob.shtml

I think I'm leaning towards #2 - anyone have any input? Also realized battery relocation kit is within my price range, but I'm thinking that install may be beyond my current capabilities...

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i would make the shifter and knob the way you want it since your hands on it all the time...i had a work car that someone put a damn chrome shiftball on it and it would burn my hand all summer long after sitting in the sun and give me frost bite in the winter haha so i know what you mean and if you have money left over get some under drive pulleys

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
i would make the shifter and knob the way you want it since your hands on it all the time...i had a work car that someone put a damn chrome shiftball on it and it would burn my hand all summer long after sitting in the sun and give me frost bite in the winter haha so i know what you mean and if you have money left over get some under drive pulleys

her hands are on the steering wheel more than the shifter (or atleast i hope so ;D)

Id say go with the shifter boot and knob. those boots look great and are on my todo list. And metal shift knobs can be a pain. I have one in my pickup and during the winter talk about a cold bitch. there have been a few times when it was well below 0 out that i stuck a glove on the shifter ;D

The steering wheel does look nice though and they do say it feels much better. Supposedly its a 45 min job (minus the 30 min waiting time of course)

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
tRaV_19 said:

her hands are on the steering wheel more than the shifter (or atleast i hope so ;D)

Id say go with the shifter boot and knob. those boots look great and are on my todo list. And metal shift knobs can be a pain. I have one in my pickup and during the winter talk about a cold bitch. there have been a few times when it was well below 0 out that i stuck a glove on the shifter ;D

The steering wheel does look nice though and they do say it feels much better. Supposedly its a 45 min job (minus the 30 min waiting time of course)

haha yeah but i dont care for that wheel too much and she said hers is just slightly starting to peal so i doubt that it affects what shes holding lol the wheel should still be fine 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online