new b front suspension install advice

xs man 27

Reaction score
hey guys I am a new b trying to figure out as I go to change out my front suspension myself and avoid a shop if I can,, my car is a 95 gt and has a stock suspension minus sway bar kit , springs and shocks n struts, for the time bein I am going to attempt to change the stock ball joints and inner and outer tie rods and sway bar endlinks with a steeda bumpster kit and steeda x2 ball joints, can anyone give me any advice when installing and does anyone done a steeda bumpsteer kit that can help ? does anyone know how many pounds to torque the bolts that need it ? again this is my first attempt at anything like so thank you all again for any help and patience.. tc

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
BALL JOINTS?! well now that sounds like [MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION] 's area if I am not mistaken.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My advice.. skip the steeda x2 balljoints. People buy those for the sole purpose of leaving out the small spacer which lowers the front a tiny tiny bit. Save your money and get MOOG bj's. As for the steeda bumpsteer kit, I'd skip it.. not telling ya what to do, just advice. Not necessary on a street car. I'm lowered around 3" up front with coilovers, new stock outer tierods and MOOG bj's. Great street setup

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You'll need to press the balljoints out. Autozone or whatever local parts store is by you has balljoint press kits to rent. And the new balljoints will need to be pressed in.

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thanks for replys I already have bought the bumpster and ball joints for 200 off CL brand new never used ,, so I found a good deal I thought,, just any advice or other tips would be great,, I watched a few youtube videos and already have a auto parts store that rents both the tools,, thank you

Reaction score
I've had to replace ball joints and have adjusted my front set up multiple times. If it's stock and has not been touched before be ready to swear a whole lot and be prepared to bleed. The ball joint nuts and the bumpsteer nuts will be a pain in the ass to get off so soak them with wd40. Have a mallet as well for impact. Be prepared for the stock ball joints to fail when trying to remove them which makes things a bit more difficult if you're unfamiliar. Also be ready to take off your brakes and rotors. I also take the strut off the spindle when I do that work. Have a cro bar handy too when you are taking out the stock spring. Make sure your front is off the ground about 2 feet as well since you need to get the a arms down low enough to make sure you can pry out that stock spring with a cro bar

fran5o

Reaction score
Be real careful breaking the ball joints free from the knuckle. You don't want the springs unloading and damaging something , or worse hurting or killing you. Thats really the hardest part of the job imo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online