lowering front - need advice

SN95_Project

Reaction score
Ok, if you've read any of my threads you know I'm a newb at this. We replaced the front suspension with the maximum motorsports bilstein coilover kit. Rides really well. Very happy with it. That said, my son wants to lower it about an inch. There is plenty of room to lower it, but my concern is that if we lower the lower spring perch, when we jack it up in the future, will the top of the spring fall away from the upper perch, therefore causing separation between the strut and the o-rings, bearings, etc at the top of the strut. Additionally, if that happens, will it just slide right back together, or will it potentially misalign in the future when taking it off the jack/jackstands.

Apologies if that doesn't make sense. Just making sure we don't do anything stupid. If it were me, I'd just leave it be. He wants to drop it a bit for looks.

Thank you!

OP
OP
S

SN95_Project

Reaction score
Also - I’m in major need of new tires right now (ie threads showing) and I need to use the car. I haven’t replaced the rear suspension yet. When I get the tires they will make me get an alignment due to warranty, etc. will replacing the rear suspension throw the alignment out of whack or will I be ok? Thank you!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Pictures are worth a thousand words right?

6A03F808-98AF-45AD-B674-CFBA00EF3EB8.jpeg1342DC44-3B6B-4B4C-8E97-328999607FF1.jpegF0ACDF88-6FA0-42D0-8459-EF434EBCE12D.jpeg

I have Maximum Motorsports coil overs. I drive the snot out of my car after it spends time on jack stands.

You’re good :cool:

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Also - I’m in major need of new tires right now (ie threads showing) and I need to use the car. I haven’t replaced the rear suspension yet. When I get the tires they will make me get an alignment due to warranty, etc. will replacing the rear suspension throw the alignment out of whack or will I be ok? Thank you!

Unless you have an independent rear suspension, it’s highly unlikely you’ll have issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online