New Best for my '93 coupe! Now to make it faster!

RedTwilight

Reaction score
My dad has been running my mostly stock '93 coupe in the points series at Roxboro until he finishes the motor in his car.

Well this past Sat he managed to place in the semi-finals and drove to a new best for the car.

Though it's not fast by any means I still think it's a decent time for whats been done to it. I'm trying to get it to go as fast as it can without going into the motor or using a power adder.

It turned a 8.87 e.t. at 81.8xx mph with a 1.94 60' time. With a little tuning it should have no problem turning a slightly faster time.
It's a mostly stock '93 5.0 coupe 5-speed car with a few bolt-ons / removals, and some weight reduction. Mods consist of 70mm throttle body and egr plate, underdrive pulleys, electric fan, smog pump and A/C removed, BBK full length headers, off road H-pipe, MAC pro-dump catback exhaust, and a Tremec T-5 transmission. For weight reduction it has a fiberglass hood, Weld Rod Light 15x4 and 15x8 wheels with skinny tires on front and used 26x9 slicks. I've also pulled the passenger seat and spare tire and jack. The valve covers and intake have never been pulled! And everything else is just as it came from the factory.

On the scales at Roxboro Dragway it weighed in at 2800 lbs.

I've got a set of 4 cylinder springs awaiting to go in and I'd like to remove the front sway bar. I can also bump the timing a little more. Then I'll add some sub frame connectors and tubular rear control arms and reinforce the torque boxes. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go with a 3:73 or 4:10 rear gear since it may go back to street duty sometime in the future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBR51Stang

Members online