New Daily Driver

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Dam awesome work, looks 1000 times better. Did u repaint or just do a great job buffing?

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
Thanks. No repaint, just used some compound and hand wax. I haven't decided on what to do with the paint yet, I have a few other things I want to do first. Car needs exhaust as the factory exhaust has holes in it. I want to do hci but might just do a cam for this year not sure. I like how the paint isn't good bc I have more fun driving this one and not babying it lol.

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
Time for an update. Did most of this awhile ago but haven't had time to upload the photos or post.

I came across a deal on some ported GT40 tri-bar heads, cobra intake, trick flow stg 1 cam and some supporting mods. The car runs a lot better and sounds great. My buddy ended up closing the hood on the new set up before checking for clearance and it hit on the iac screw on top of the intake/ throttle body. I didn't mind the dent that much bc I really wanted to put a cowl hood on the car anyways. Due to the old paint and wanting to eventually get the car repainted I just vinyl wrapped the new hood for now.

A pic of the daily drivers. I have to keep calling it a daily driver b/c I told the wife that is what I was buying it for lol.

Exhaust Video

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know everyone else seems to have a thing for lx's but I've always had a soft spot for 87-93 gt's!!!!

Sounds damn good!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
The car has been burning oil pretty bad. My Department then gave me a take home car, so this is happening.

Bought a local guys proven 347 Combo. Nearly everything except for the block. The heads are foxlake ported TW heads. Not having to drive it to work everyday anymore took away the plan of just refreshing the stock block.

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
After I get this engine done and maybe paint the car, I will get back to the 98. It has been sitting for awhile and I haven't had time to swap the engine I have for it. Well that and I really want to do the k-member while the engine is out, but this fox is taking up all of the time and funds right now.

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
Finally got the car back together. Got it together just in time to put it away for the winter. I need to get some more miles on it so I can get it tuned, But the little I got to drive it, the car will destroy the 98. Lost pictures on my phone of the tear down progress. Got the engine bay all painted up.

Here is a quick idle video.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online